Sunday, November 30, 2008
Touch of Pink triggers a delicious feeling of freedom and independence for the vivacious woman. Feminine heart notes of jasmine and violet are blended with fresh, fizzy notes of coriander leaves and blood orange, and soothed with soft sandalwood, musk, and vanilla. Complete the form provided to receive a FREE sample of Lacoste Pink.
Click here for Lacoste Pink
ProTex Hand Sanitizer - FREE Sample
Pro-Tex™ alcohol-free hand sanitizer is devoted in helping prevent Staph, MRSA, and CA-MRSA through proper hygiene. Complete your details on the form provided and be sure to check the sample box to receive your FREE sample of ProTex Hand Sanitizer!
Click here for ProTex Hand Sanitizer
Samples still around and active!
Free Sample Christina Aguilera Fragrances:
Free SampleDove Hair Therapy System:
Free SampleEvery Day with Rachael Ray:
Free IssueFruit Roll-Ups:
Free SampleGlad ForceFlex Trash Bag:
Free Sample Kotex Lightdays Thin Liners:
Free SampleTampax Pearl with Leak Guard:
Free SampleWhites Premium Dog Food:
Free 6 month subscription to Vogue, W, Glamour, Allure, Self, Domino,Vanity Fair, or Conde Nast Traveler here. Enter code: 85924565
Much better today, yipee! Yesterday was such a drag!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Click here for LEGO Magazine Subscription
Free Clean Perfume Sample here
Sorry for the lack of freebies today. There just really wasnt anything to write about. Hopefully Monday there will be more.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Town & Country
Pantene (the Mystery Shampoo sample revealed)
Airborne Original Zesty Orange
Sun Crystals Natural SweetenerDunkin Donuts Dark Coffee
Free Fandango movie ticket here. Select a school then click the “Plus, you’ll be pre-registered for the $500 Student Bonus Cash!” link on the right side. Next let it load and click automatically enter and register. The code for the movie ticket should show up fairly quickly in your email.
This was a little too complex for me. Maybe you can figure it out??
Thursday, November 27, 2008
For the next 3 days I will try my best to get you the best freebies around. This will be very hard because we have 3 Thanksgiving dinners in a row. Yes, thats right. I have three days in a row of dinners. I will deffinatly gain a few pounds in these 3 short days. lol
So have fun, spend time with family and cherish this day with them. Oh yeah and eat alot too!
Your options include:
Faith Hill, “Joy to the World”
Tony Bennett, “I’ll be Home for Christmas”
IL Divo, “O Holy Night”
Josh Groban, “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear”
Brian McKnight, “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year”
Amy Grant, “O Come All Ye Faithful”
Harry Connick Jr., “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas”
Aretha Franklin, “Silent Night”
Friendly reminder of Walmart Samples still available
Free Song Download - a new song each week
Still around from previous weeks:
Shopping List from Marie Callender's (restocked
)Tampax Pearl (restocked)
Kotex Lightdays Thin Liners
Benefiber On The Go
Glad Food Storage Bags
Mystery Shampoo/Conditioner (it's Pantene and 100,105 samples left)
$1.50 Pampers CouponKotexAlways InfinityPlaytex
Ultra Gain Laundry Detergent -coupon offer (not a free sample)
Fill out this form to request a free sample of Gourmet Olive Oil.
Great sample like this sample of Aquaphor.
Register for a free Christmas Ornament from Holidays at Home.
For those of you shopping early on Black Friday, the following stores are offering these freebies:
Dollar General- free reusable shopping tote to the first 50 customers
Ikea- free breakfast until 10:30am
JC Penney- free Mickey Mouse 2008 Snow Globe and $10 coupon for Saturday (while supplies last)
Sam's Club- complimentary breakfast 5am to 8am
Sports Authority- free bonus bucks cards ($10-$300) to the first 100 people
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
After Capture magazine is dedicated to post production photography. Whether in the dark room or at the computer screen After Capture magazine is bound to have some useful information for you. The pages of After Capture are filled with useful review and step-by-step tutorials to help you transform your work from a mere photograph into a truly inspiring work of art. Fill out the form to receive your FREE subscription. Click here for AfterCapture Magazine
Saveur Magazine - 12 Issues FREE with Sign Up
Saveur magazine cooks up delicious dishes for its readers — devout foodies who crave its many recipes, which can be created in just about any kitchen. Saveur caters to those who appreciate the fine art of both cooking and eating. Inside, readers will get to take a bite out of exclusive food and drink recipes, while learning different culinary techniques. Enter your information for a FREE subscription to Saveur magazine.Click here for Saveur Magazine
Free sample of Eucerin Aquaphor healing ointment -- Click Here
LACOSTE Pink perfume sample -- Click Here
Get a free Crest Headband from Vocal Point here (you have to be a member, you can join here)
Free Napkin Samples
Free *Sample* Packs from Hoffmaster
(choose up to 3)
Free 5lb. Bag Of Natural Choice Dog Food Or Complete Care Cat Food
Use Code: go4ncExpires December 31
Receive a FREE Sample of Glad ForceFlex Trash Bags
Glad ForceFlex has an unique diamond texture that stretches around objects to help prevent rips and tears and smarter plastic that allows the bag to stretch around objects instead of letting them poke through. You can rely on Glad ForceFlex Trash Bags to keep your kitchen tidy and your spirits bright. Scroll to bottom of page and click on 'free sample' then fill in your details for a FREE sample of Glad ForceFlex trash bags.
Click here for Glad ForceFlex Trash Bags
I went to the local walmart and bought the following:
1 4 oz bottle of plaid navy paint $1
1 4 oz bottle of plaid barn red$1
1 spray can of clear spray $1
I painted a layer of navy first. Let it completely dry then painted it barn red. Again letting it completely dry. Then took sand paper and sanded the edges. This is how you get the cool coloring coming through. Looks really good on this piece because of the pretty wood work on the legs. Once I was done I took a damp rag and made sure it didnt have any dust on it. Then sprayed a clear coat on it. Done! So here is my $4 investment that looks just like the paint treatments on the Pottery Barn catalog. Im in the works with another piece I bought. Its much larger and will be painted black with green coming through. Super stoked!
Note:The brown box is a old Singer sewing machine a friend gave me for free. I told all my friends I was looking for a free or cheap machine that was simple to use. This one was her grandmothers and she never used it. I think it was the first plug in machine, yeah its that old. Ive already used it and it works perfectly! The power of WOM is amazing. (word of mouth).
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Try some of these below and you can get free stuff just by answering surveys, trying out new products, etc. Well worth the 2 minutes to sign up.
Sign up here a chance to get some "free stuff" from Skintimate.
Sign up here to join Quaker Moms Care members receive: Opportunities to receive Quaker products and discounts. Make sure you check the box that says “Quaker Moms Care” -there’s info on the bottom right here
Sign up here for Johnson & Johnson's friends and Neighbors product testing.
Sign up here for the Mills Advisory Panel. Great coupons
Sign up here for the Covergirl Consumer Advisory Board
Sign up here for the Pringles National Advisory Panel
Sign up here to join the Kashi product testing panel. They give great coupons.
Sign up here for Glamspotters product testing (hair care products)
Sign up here for MomSelect
Sign up here for Mom Central
Sign up here for VocalPoint (they send you a lot of samples and products to try.) They send the best coupons around!
Sign up here for General Mills product testing (Psst!) Always get free stuff from them with coupons.
Sign up here for product testing from SheSpeaks. just signed up for a chocolate test! yahoo!
Sign up here for Kraft First Taste
Lipstock Chapstock Cream Lip Conditioner Free Sample
Free Glow Stick from Life Gear
Free Trans- Siberian Orchestra Christmas Music Download from Amazon here
Free Fireman Song- Former Beatle Paul McCartney and his associate Youth move away from their experimental ambient beginnings and closer to the center on their latest. Download "Nothing Too Much Just Out of Sight" free for a limited time from Amazon.
500 free MP3 downloads from Amazon here
Mountain Travel Sobek Request a CatalogAll you need to do is check some of the info books you would like to get (free) and make sure the ornament ball box is checked. Thats all you need to do. They do ask accouple questions on what you like to do. Youll get the ornament and trail book. You can do this one per email.
Get a 2 Year Subscription to Wondertime Magazine
Wondertime Magazine inspires moms of infants through 6-year-olds. It mixes playful activities and everyday adventures with compelling insights into the fascinating ways children develop physically, socially, intellectually, creatively, and emotionally. Complete a review of your favorite deodorant and receive a FREE two year subscription to Wondertime Magazine!
Click here for Wondertime
This one is a must have if you have children. This will come.
FREE Subscription to Hunter and Sport Horse Magazine
Hunter & Sport Horse Magazine presents exclusive editorial and news articles for the Dressage, Combined Training and Hunter/Jumper rider. Sign up for a 1 year subscription to Hunter and Sport Horse Magazine and get the entire subscription FREE!
Click here for Hunter and Sport Horse Magazine
So yes you can buy new things on a budet. We bought $900 worth of furniture but only paid $550. Pretty good savings if you ask me. This was a need thing. We need a good table set. We eat every dinner together at the table and we all need to fit. So this was money well spent.
We sold our old tv for $300 to a friend and found this flat screen tv at Costco for $699 (everywhere else wanted up to $999 for it). Used our $300 towards it so it was only $3.99. The stand was bought on sale for $150 (originally over $200). Again we sold something we had and bought at the best price we could find. We didnt like our bigger older tv which took up so much more space and opted for a smaller upgraded tv. And were able to do it without breaking our bank. $1,200 worth of furniture for only $550.
Quick note: These items were paid with cash. No credit cards at all. Why go through the trouble of tryinig to save money and pay with a credit card? Interest? No thank you. This way it paid for and out of the way. No bills popping up later. We bought exactly what we wanted but paid way less for it. You obviously dont have to spend this amount on what you want and can get things even cheaper, this is our style and we had the budget for it this month. You can also get stuff for almost free other ways. Swap with friends, there is even a FREE tab on craigs list too. You have to act quick though, they dont last long.
Monday, November 24, 2008
1. Take advantage of thrift shops. The leave with candle on it and green tart burner was bought for only 25 cents each at a local thrift store. You can find some nice stuff there.
2. Dollar stores. Table runner was only $1. Really nice and classic. They have so much more there too. Napkins, napkin rings, candles, etc.
3. Big stores. Walmart is where I bought the two box's of 6ct votives for $1. Also the Glade burner was free ($2 off coupon for burner which was only $2 to begin with. Candle's that go with it had coupon for buy 2 get one free. They were only $2 each) Save those Glade coupons and use them after the christmas season and get them for free or just pennies. Also the pretty orange leaves were bought for only 50 cents a bush. There are 3 differant types in my vase.
4. Use what you have. The vase I bought on after fall clearance for 90% off. I think I paid around $2 for it a few years ago. Every fall i bring it out.
5. Nature is your best friend. Next time you go for a walk, pick up things you find. I found fallen branches, leaves and things and put them in my vase. Its so pretty and FREE!!!!
GnuFoods Fiber Bars have the most fiber in a baked bar with almost 50% of the daily value of fiber in each tasty bar! Not to mention they are low fat with only 130 -150 calories!
Click here for GnuFoods Fiber Bars
Just click on Talk to us and send them a email asking for a free sample with your name and address.
Free Caterpillar K family dozer poster here
perfect for any little boys room. Cool construction poster
Free Cover Girl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara Hurry!
Click here to sign up for free Cover Girl Exact Eyelights Mascara
Hurry this is for the first 1000 to sign up!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
NOTE: You must register with the site first in order to receive this offer! Herbal Clear Outdoor Whole Body Deodorant is the first 24-hour deodorant from Herbal Clear made for the outdoor enthusiast. Great for anyone who spends quality time in the great outdoors. Register with Taste for Life and then return to this page to receive your FREE sample.
Click here for Herbal Clear Outdoor Whole Body Deodorant
Olba's Sugar-Free Black Currant Lozenges - FREE Sample
NOTE: You must register as a panel member first and then log in to request this sample! Olba's Sugar-Free Black Currant Lozenges Olbas Lozenges give you maximum strength cough suppressant action that also makes your nasal passages feel clearer.Click here for Olba's Sugar-Free Black Currant Lozenges
Free Juicy Juice Sippy Cup and Guide to Your Child’s Nutrition here - this cup is different from the last time it was posted earlier in the year but I doubt you can get another one if you registered for the first one.
I have recieved this one.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
1. Handmade cards. We used paper from the art chest to use as cards and decorated with bits and pieces of other paper. She drew the earth and cut it out. Then we cut out arrows (3) to put around the globe. The reduce, reuse and recycle arrows. Inside were party details. She wanted everyone to wrap presents in scraps of paper they had, and wanted them to bring extra can's of food so she could donate it to the Oregon Food Bank.
2. Found party supplies in thrift stores. Alot of people donate stuff they didnt use at parties. Streamers, unused balloons, party gifts, etc. Found many items this way. Even found a table cover.
3. She picked two differant kinds of muffins she wanted and I made our cupcakes. (banana, and pumpkin) and then made frosting for on top. She suggested flax seed as well. lol
4. Saved my coupon I earned from Fred Meyers rewards $2 off any frozen food. Ice cream was 2/$5 so I ended up getting 2 differant ice creams for only $3.
4. Shop deals. 2 months ago Target was clearancing out their toys for new toys that were coming in. Littest Petshop is my girls favorite and they were on clearance. Stuffed LPS were only $3.50(normally $10) and found a LPS activity kit at Grocery Outlet for only $5.99 (normally $15). Alot of stores clearance out toys to get newer styles of toys and stuff so you can get some really good deals this way.My twins I bought Top Model barbies for only $3.50 each and gave them to them on their birthday 2 weeks ago. I just stashed them away.
5. Take advantage of $1 stores. They have really good deals on party supplies.
6. Use what you have. I used all our dishes and cups. Found disposable spoons made from corn at Whole Foods for only $1.20. They also have cheap party supplies that are recycled or biodegradable. Even cupcake papers.
7. Skip the meal. Alot of parents do the pizza thing or some kind of food. I planned this party around 2pm so it was after lunch and before dinner. This saved me a bundle.
8. Have the party at home. Free to do.
9. Borrow from friends. I dont have a cupcake tier so my neighbor lent me hers. And she borrows things from me. Free!
10. Cheap snacks. Pretzils, crackers, apple slices, pickles, or even popcorn are super cheap to make. Plus healthy. Kids will eat just about anything you throw in their faces.LOL
I think I paid around $20 for everything today. Not too bad. Parties can really add up so try to recycle what you can, try out thrift stores, and dont stress out. You will save alot of money and stress.
Friday, November 21, 2008
here are a few ways to save money.
1. If you have a gift idea already and know what you want from a certain store, check their website. If they offer free shipping, take it. You save $ by not having to pay gas driving there to get it. Plus a lot of sites have offers where you spend x amount of money and get a free gift with free shipping. You can give that free gift to someone else.
2. You a crafter? Have a friend who loves bath items? Make them simple bath salts. Put it in a pretty jar with ribbon. Recipes are endless on the web and you know you have extra ribbon and a mason jar already. Why spend $10 on bath salts when you can buy a bag for $3 or less and just throw in some oils or favorite perfume you know they like that you have. Works perfectly.
3. Sets-Costco or Sam's Club is a perfect example. They have these basket sets with all kinds of bath items, or snack foods, chocolates, etc. If its saving you money to get the whole basket instead of getting them separate, get it. Then you can separate it and get 2 gifts from 1. Or you can pick up a set of plates, and set of cups. Separate them. Give each person 1 plate and 1 cup, then add a packet of cocoa and some chocolates. Whala! Perfect gift.
4. Give the gift of time. Sounds so simple and it is. Give your friend a card with the promise of a walk or hike just the two of you. Plan a day that you will do this wherever they want. It will be a fun free day for the two of you to chit chat and catch up. Pack your own lunches and drinks to save even more money. Bring your camera and take lots of pictures so you can capture this moment on film forever.
5. Think themes. Say you found pretty soap on clearance. Maybe make some bath salts, look for a rope or pj's on clearance, or make a pretty music CD for them. Theme is "time to relax". Let them have a spa at home. I would love this one.
1. Have a swap meet. Invite all your friends to come over for drinks. Tell them to bring any decorating items they don't want anymore. Everyone puts all of it on the table and then pick what you want. My junk might be their treasure. This is a great way to recycle your decorating items. You get a new item for free! And they get a new item for FREE! Whats not fun about that?
2. LED. Invest the tiny bit extra to get them. They last 10 times longer than traditional lights. Our town is doing this with the Christmas tree they have every year. In the long run it will save us and were all willing to put up the money to do this. There are even solar ones out there. Google solar Christmas and you would be amazed what you will find.
3. Let nature decorate for you. Every season I go keep my eye out for things I can take home to decorate. Right now its fall so I look for the prettiest leaves I can find to put around candles, in glass jars, and my kids like to craft pretty pictures with them. I just love all the colors. Know someone with a holly tree? Ask if you can have some trimmings when they trim it. Wild pussy willow? Cut some and bring it home. Last week I found oak branches with leaves on them in my backyard. Now they are in green vase I had in the corner . So pretty and free! Pine cones, leaves, limbs, nuts, and many more things are everywhere. You just have to look for them.
1. Buy Christmas wrap at 90% off when its clearance after Christmas. You will have to store it but it saves you a ton of money.
2. Use plain brown paper wrap found in the shipping and craft aisles. Let your kids go nuts. Just tell them it has to be Christmas related.
3. Newspaper-Use the comic strips for colorful paper or just the rest of it for a black and white theme. If you can get a hold of foreign newspapers, use them. Much more fun this way. There are free newspapers everywhere. Just look for them a month ahead so you don't have to waste gas money looking for them.
4. If you have to have the pretty paper, use a coupon. Michael's or Joanne has a 40% off coupon almost every week.
1. Deliver your mail. Go for a walk and deliver your neighbors or friends Christmas cards or gifts. Just knowing you took the time to take it to them makes them feel so much better. Or next time your in the area, stop by and give that one friend their gift.
2. A lot of online photo companies are offering deals just for Christmas time. Do your research and remember to even figure in on shipping. That might be free cards you get but is it worth the $8 shipping? Do your research.
3. Make your own cards. This year I took extra blank cards I had and decided to make my own. I'm not a stamp person so I had to get creative. Well I received a catalog in the mail for Christmas cards. Each card had a small picture of it. I just cut out those pretty pictures and glued them to the front of my blank cards. Then I remembered I had a scrap book paper with tons of words related to Christmas. I cut out phrases and glued them on the inside. Free Christmas cards!!! I also made Thanksgiving ones this way. But I also used borrowed leave stamps and gold ink. So pretty.
8 things you don't need
1. Bar-You don't need expensive wines. A inexpensive wine will do just fine. No one will even notice.
2. Appetizers-Just do one little plate with dip and chips. Or spread and crackers. There will be so much main food that they wont notice.
3. Expensive spreads-just put out some hummus, or sour cream with ranch packet mixed in, or just cream cheese and you will be fine. Why spend $5 on something you can get by on $1?
4. Drinks after the main course. People will be too stuffed to drink them anyways. Maybe just bring out some cider? Get in the fall spirit.
5. Sweets sweets sweets. Maybe instead of having 8 different desserts, try 2 really good ones. Or maybe make some yummy cookies. This will save you a bundle as well. Pies and stuff can get expensive.
6. Christmas table linens. Use a solid basic color like off white. Then maybe throw in some pine cones, red ribbon, Or throw some glue on the pine cones and sprinkle with red glitter. Have any red candles? throw those in. Or just wrap a plain candle with red paper(just don't burn it). Table runners can be bought for only $1 at the dollar store. They come in many colors besides red too.
7. Use less meat. Do you really need a whole ham? Maybe do a course with ham in it. Turkey is the main meat anyways, just compliment it.
8. Place cards-Just cut squares and give your kids some stamps and let them go nuts. I recommend covering your table with newspapers first. LOL! Then take a pen and write every ones names. So pretty and FREE!
Instead of paying for rooms for your guest, here are a few suggestions.
1. Have your kids share beds, and offer them one of their rooms.
2. Have an air mattress from camping? Set it up with your nice linens like a real bed.
3. RV? Set it up for them as a retreat.
4. Family near by? Talk to them and maybe you can work something out . Maybe they have an extra room some family can use.
5. Rec Room or basement? Set that up as a hotel room for everyone.
6. What about grandparents? Give your bedroom up for them and have a camp out in your children's rooms. Sounds like fun!
For the cook
1. Buy in bulk. If your local deal store has bulk for less, get it this way and save money. Buy what you need, not what size they want you to buy. Saves on packaging as well.
2. Warehouse stores. Costco is our local store. If its much cheaper to buy flour from them, do it. Just separate into other containers when you get home. Saves you a bundle. Chocolate chips are also a good buy.
3. Shop at home first. Before you do your bid day of shopping, take a look at what you have and try to work with it. Have a bag of nuts? Make cookies. Get creative!
4. Buy by the box. Wine can be a good buy this way. Many stores will discount even more if you buy more than 6 bottles. Or just buy boxed wine. Target has many great wines that you can buy. They usually contain a equivalent of 4 bottles of wine. Usually much cheaper this way.
5. Special ingredients-get them early. Need pecans? You have to buy them early or your out of luck. Get these items the weeks before so you know you will have them.
6. Plan around sales-Soon canned cranberry sauce will be super cheap. Buy alot and set aside. My kids love it all year round. I can get it around 50 cents a can right now or wait till they want it and pay over $1 for it. My choice is 50 cents. Also meats will be on sale now and not later. Like turkey. Turkey will be much cheaper now. You can separate it and freeze it for later use. Chicken is also super cheap right now. I do this all year round. Saves me a bundle on my meat budget.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
1. Homemade Jelly
2. Tin cookie cutters; can be found for SUPER cheap in thrift stores. Just tie together with ribbon.
3. Moms favorite Recipe;make something that everyone just loves? Make a recipe card with the recipe on it.
4. Paint brushes; What kid doesn't like these?
5. Homemade book marks; super easy to make. Or let kids make these for gifts for friends or siblings.
6. A harmonica. Found at $1 store. Kids just love these.
7. A piggy bank. Found in thrift stores or $1 store. Inspire your kids to start saving. Throw in some change to get them started.
8. A diary. Do the first entry for them talking about this Christmas gift just for them.
9. A kite. You can find these at the $1 store all year round. they just love them.
10. Animal crackers in a box. Found at grocery stores for less than $1. My kids love these.
11. Scented candles. Who doesn't love these? My favorite
12. A pin. Either a Christmas one (walmart has them $1) or a all year round one that you will know they will love.
13. Picture in tiny frame. Found at $1 store, frames are super cheap. Just throw in a favorite pic or a pretty picture cut out from magazine.
14. Mittens-Again who doesn't like these? Also found at $1 store or Walmart for only 1 buck!
15. Seeds-a favorite flower they love. They will be excited for the next month when its spring and they can plant them.
16. A little flag. Show some spirit.
17. Sun Glasses-my kids love these. Also found at $1 store.
18. A letter from Santa. This is a big hit in my home. Kids just love getting personal letters directly from Santa.
19. Candy of course! Not a lot but at least a few pieces. Keep the Christmas tradition going!
20. Personalized cookie. Make cookies and write their names on them. Anyone will love this one. Its a little something just for them.
21. Christmas book-Most can be found at $1 store. Write the year on the first page with a little note.
22. Bubble bath-found at $1 store. I received this every Christmas and it was my favorite.
23. Scarf-Found at $1 store. They have really nice scarves that you cant even make yourself for that cheap.
24. Toy cars or bubbles. Huge hit in our house. Bubbles can be used all year round. Boys just love getting new cars.
25. Candy Cane. When I was young, I always received a large straight candy cane. Now days that's too much sugar and makes my teeth hurt thinking about it. Try putting 1 candy cane in there just for them. Maybe make some cocoa Christmas morning and let your children stir it with the candy cane. Yummy!
1. Warm Belly Delight-1 coffee cup filled with cocoa mix or coffee mix with a candy cane and handmade tag. Coffee mugs you can find in many stores for only $1. (Michael's, $1 store,etc). Here's a vanilla coffee mix
1 1/2 cups vanilla powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup instant coffee granules
Combine all ingredients;store in airtight container.
Instructions:Use 3 tbsp mix for every one cup boiling water.
$1 coffee mug, cocoa packet (zip lock bag), instructions on back of handmade tag, one candy cane.
2. Tasty Herb Mix-Clear glass sugar shakers or old fashioned salt shakers are clever containers that are sure to please. You can find these in thrift shops everywhere. Just add ribbon. Put mix in these.
1/3 cup powdered milk 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp salt 1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp paprika 1 tsp dill weed
2 tsp dry mustard 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried oregano 1/4 tsp pepper
Add all ingredients together in a one cup jar or shaker. Mix well. Makes 2/3 cup mix. Attach recipe.
Suggestion:Herb chicken. Combine 4 tbsp of herb mix with 6 tbsp of flour. Coat 2-3 pounds of chicken. Brown chicken in 2 tbsp of oil for 15 minutes on each side or untill juice's are clear when pierced with a fork. Or do the same and bake chicken instead.
3. Noodle Soup Mix. Fill a basket or jar with this noodle mix with a loaf of bread or your favorite crackers. This one is super cheap to make and give.
4-5 oz of egg noodles salt and pepper to taste
3 tsp chicken bouillon granules (or 3 cubes) 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp celery seed 3 bay leaves
Mix all ingredients and put in a bag with these instructions.
Combine noodle mix and 6 cups of water in a pot. Add carrots, celery and onion. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Makes 2 qrts.
4. Brownie's-Use small jars, vintage cook bowls, etc from thrift stores. Add mix, maybe throw in a wooden spoon (found at $1 store 4 ct). Super easy and budget friendly. Mix makes enough for 2 batches of brownies.
4 cups flour 4 tsp baking powder
6 cups sugar 3 tsp salt
3 cups baking cocoa 2 cups shortening
Combine first 5 ingredients;mix well. Cut in shortening. Store in air tight container or use wrap.
Combine 2 cups of mix, 2 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 cup of optional nuts; store until moistened. Spread in a lightly greased 8x8 baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set in center. Cut in 2 inch squares. Makes 16.
5. Snowy Morning Waffle Mix. Again try to find vintage kitchen bowls or vintage Tupperware containers at thrift stores. Also throw in a wooden spoon ($1 store)This one is sure to please everyone. Can be made as waffles or pancakes. Super yummy!
2 tsp brown sugar 3 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder 1 cup cornmeal
1 tsp baking soda
Mix and put into container. Makes 4 cups of mix. Attach these instructions to the mix with a handmade tag(or bought from $1 store)
Instructions: Separate 4 eggs. Beat yolks with 1/3 cup oil and 3 cups of milk; add waffle mix, blending till smooth. Beat egg whites until stiff;fold into waffle batter. Pour onto greased waffle iron (or griddle)and bake until steam stops.
6. Bean soup-MAKES 10 GIFTS! I just love this one. Put into small containers of your choice found at thrift stores. Can be stored for years if wanted.
1 lb pearl barley 1 lb dried black beans
1 lb dried red beans 1 lb dried pinto beans
2 lb dried white beans 1 lb dried lentils
1 lb dried split pea 1 lb dried black-eyed peas
Mix together into large bowl and divide into 10 containers. Tie recipe card with the directions.
Directions:Put beans into bowl and add water up to top of containers;soak over night. Next day drain water and replace with new water; enough water to cover beans. Add 1/2 lb of ham or bacon chunks.(optional). Throw in 1 clove minced garlic and 1/2 tsp salt. Cover and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or till beans are tender. Add 16 oz can of undrained tomatoes. Simmer 30 minutes longer. Makes 8-10 servings.
Not only does this make a lot of gifts for around $1 each, but they will bring it home and it will serve 8-10 other people. Its the gift that gives so much.
Buffalo Soldiers Tribute
brought to you by Walmart
Tide Total Care sample
Graco car seat club
Members of the Graco Ready.Safe.Go! Car Seat Club will receive tips and advice from Graco, as well as special offers from companies such as Wondertime, FamilyFun, Gerber® Childrenswear, Gerber Products Company, JOHNSON’S® and Baby.com. Plus, for every 10 people who join by December 31, 2008, Graco will donate one car seat to organizations serving families in need, up to $100,000 MSRP worth of cars seats. So help yourself and those in need- Join the Ready. Safe.Go! Car Seat Club today!
Purchase a 20 oz. beverage at any Borders bookstore and receive a complimentary dessert or bakery item with this coupon here. Valid only November 21-23, 2008.
Sign up here for a free sample of Bertolli Premium Pasta Sauce.
Free Holiday Music MP3s from Amazon here
Dove Therapy Shampoo/Conditioner Sample
Metamucil: Promotions and Free Metamucil Fiber Samples
Wii-Free Jackets (up to 4) and wrist straps-no shipping cost
I did this a few months ago. If you own a Wii and it was bought before this year, then you can fill out the simple form to get up to 4 free clear rubber jackets, and even order some new wrist straps. I highly reccomend you getting this if you have small children. I lost count of how many times the Wii controller was sent flying or into another child. Wrist straps are much sturdier and wont break.
Free Sample of Omega on the go
Healthy to Go
Super easy form to fill out. One sample per email.
Cleaned your dryer vent lately? Free dryer vent tool kit
Dryer vents clogged with lint cost $18-24 more per month.
There are 15,500 fires every year caused by dryer vents.
Dryer manufacturers recommend you clean your dryer vent every year.
Regular dryer vent maintenance prolongs the life of your dryer.
Dryer vent safety check tool order form for checking clothes dryers
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
Thanksgiving Cranberry Dip
Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
Reedy's Sweet Candied Yams
Italian Style ArtichokesApple Pie
Cinnamon Swirl Cake
Butternut Squash Pie
Peanut Butter Pie
Yummy Cream Cheese Pie
Whipped Chocolate Pecan Pie
Soft Molasses Drops
Pumpkin Mallow Pie
Ricotta Mascarpone Pie
Microwave Peanut Brittle
Oven Caramel Corn
Approximately 2,500 people who complete the survey will be chosen to be Brand Ambassadors. If you are selected you will receive a package containing a bottle of Jergens Naturals Daily Moisturizer for you, as well as up to 10 samples and coupons for you to share with your friends.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Request A Free Sample of The SmartTowel
Free Cooking Pleasures Magazine
gardening how to magazine-FREE!
Free Earthbound Farms Coupons (available at Fred Meyers in the cold case aisle)
Take the Earthbound Farms healthy families quiz here and get $1.75 in coupons plus a pocket guide to choosing organics. This bagged salad is super yummy. 50% of the time you can find it marked down for quick sale so keep those coupons until then and you can get it for less than $1.
Free Papa Johns Pizza for Facebook users-HURRY 1 WEEK ONLY!
Papa John’s International Inc. has cooked up a new promotion to reach the tech savvy.
Beginning today, any Facebook user who becomes a “fan” of the official Papa John’s Facebook page will receive an online redemption code for a free medium pizza with any online pizza order.
Louisville-based Papa John’s (NASDAQ: PZZA) also will provide the deal to the more than 10,000 Facebook users who already have signed up as “fans” of the brand. Code expires the first week of December.
Not a facebook user? Go to http://www.facebook.com/ and do it just for the deals. Ive already recieved splenda to go and awaiting Clinique perfume plus a $5 sears card. Worth it in my book!
WALMART SAMPLES STILL ACTIVE!
Click here for Kotex Lightdays Thin Liners
Kotex Lightdays Thin Liners - brand new sample!
Free Song Download - a new song each week
Still around from previous weeks:Benefiber On The Go (yes, it's a brand new offer)
Glad Food Storage Bags (I shared it here)
Huggies Supreme Diaper (size 3 only)
Mystery Shampoo/Conditioner (114,782 samples left)
$1.50 Pampers Coupon
Kotex - restocked
Always InfinityPlaytex Sport - restocked
Ultra Gain Laundry Detergent -coupon offer (not a free sample)
Free sample of Emporio Armani Diamonds Intense Fragrance here (5000 only) - use the code word: Forever
This isn't a freebie but it is still a great deal: Save 80% at Restaurant.com with the code SURPRISE. Pay only $2 for a $25 certificate. Code expires Thursday 11/20.
Free Music Poster
You can choose a free poster from Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Nirvana, Bob Marley, Marvin Gaye, and KISS. Cell phone or credit card not required.
Experience the refreshing flavor of organic green and herbal teas made with natural healing herbs. Please submit the form below to receive your FREE samples. Samples available while supplies last. Delivery within the U. S. only. Limit one sample per household. Please allow up to 8 weeks for delivery.Click here for Yogi Tea
This one comes every time. Super yummy samples
FREE Sample of Whites Premium Dog Food
Whites Premium is made with high levels of fresh meat, fish and nutritious ingredients, is correctly balanced, easy for your dogs to digest, and does not contain cheap fillers or preservatives. Complete your details for a FREE sample of Whites Premium Dog Food.Click here for Whites Premium Dog Food
Free subscription to Self Magazine here, This may be gone since it was for the first 1000 people only.
Free comic books from Federal Reserve
Publications Catalog - Federal Reserve System
You can order many free comics from them. All about teaching your kids how to save money, about the economy, banks, money, etc. Great teaching tool.
Free Gas X sample with coupon
This one always comes. I always order these samples. Great for camping etc.
Free Dr Suess Gift Tags
SEUSSVILLE GIFT TAGS
These you print out but they are so adorable I had to tell you about them. Would be perfect with a gift of a Dr Suess Book. Maybe find a vintage one from a thrift store and give as a gift. The older ones are much better.
Dunkin Donuts Coffee Sample
Usually comes with a coupon.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Pssst… also offers a behind-the-scenes look at General Mills and occasionally an opportunity to give your opinion about products and initiatives. Pssst… is fun and it’s free to Join.
Sign up for their newletter (free coupons samples) and get a calender for next year. One new recipe per month.
This offer is for new email subscribers to the Betty Crocker newsletter.
Get a free calender
Kozy Shack Ready Grains Cereal - FREE Sample
Ready GrainsTM is an all-natural multigrain cereal, with added Vitamins A and D. Ready Grains is low in fat and cholesterol, an excellent source of fiber and a good source of calcium and protein. Click the green box on the bottom right of the page to request your FREE sample. You may have to allow for pop ups.
Click here for Kozy Shack Ready Grains
Receive a FREE $10 Pillsbury Coupon Booklet
Sign up to receive the Pillsbury email newsletter, access exclusive member benefits on Pillsbury.com, and receive a FREE booklet packed with $10 in coupon savings, helpful tips and tasty meal ideas your whole family will love. Complete your details on the form and submit for your FREE $10 Pillsbury Coupon Booklet.
Click here for Pillsbury Coupon Booklet
Free Quaker Simple Harvest Multigrain Chewy Granola
Fill in your details for a FREE sample of Quaker Simple Harvest multigrain chewy granola bars.Click here for Quaker Simple Harvest
still out there!
Go here and click on "Share the Love" to get a free Mr. Clean mini magic eraser.
Free sample of Dunhill London
save for on the go
Free issue of Bridal Guide
Free holiday shopping list
Free sample of MYOMed Pro
Faceoff Hockey Magazine
Automobile MagazineKids Corner Advent Calendar (request by mail or download)
Sheryl Crow "Hello My Friend Hello" download- Enter Code HMKSC08
Sara Bareilles "Love Song" download- Enter Code T3UBERKQPPNXD29
magazine comes with 8+ great prints you can easily put in frames to decorate your home. I used old frames from thrift stores that I spray painted. Or you can find them at the dollar store. Great magazine!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Fizzy Wizzies are colorful, effervescent tablets that fizz up bath water and make kids' bath time fun and educational.
Free Pillsbury Coupon Booklet
The booklet includes, tips, coupons, meal ideas
Free Planet Heroes DVD
this one takes a while to get but always comes
Feed Our Kids Well
This is a really good book, lots of kid friendly recipes in it.
Free Sun Maid Recipe Book
Sun-Maid Recipes for Healthier Eating Introduction
Free Recipe Book
Sun-Maid Fruit & Sunshine Recipe Book Introduction
Free book from Little Scholastic here
Friday, November 14, 2008
Eversave Coupons, Sweepstakes and Savings - Enter email address andreceive samples, coupons, eBooks and a chance to win $10,000 cash.
Learn how to cut your grocery bill in half
Free Jiffy Recipe Cook Book
Chelsea Milling/Jiffy Mix
this one has excellent recipe's that are very simple
Free wax strips mini kit
Marie Callender's Shopping list
Walmart.com - Marie Callender's Signature Sautes
walmart samples always come
Drug Store Saving Strategies E book
Home Made Simple Coupon Book - Receive a FREE Home Made Simple Coupon Bookwith Over $27 in Savings.
Eversave Coupons, Sweepstakes and Savings - Enter email address andreceive samples, coupons, eBooks and a chance to win $10,000 cash.
$10.000 cash sweepstakes. Just enter your email
2009 Roadsides in Bloom Calendar
Click here for Durex Magazine
Has $25 worth of coupons in this magazine. Worth it.
Free Sample of Carefree
Click here for Carefree and Stayfree
Free Coupons for Scrubbie Bubbles
Click here for Scrubbing Bubbles
Free subscription to Elle Accessories Magazine
ELLE Extra :: ELLE Accessories
Free Trisha Yearwood Download
Heroes at Home Wish Registry from Sears.com
Free Christmas Song Download: “Home on Christmas Day” by Kristin Chenoweth
MediaView - Borders - Books, Music and Movies
Free Jessica Simpson Perfume Sample
ELLE Extra :: Promotions
Click here to request a coupon for a free can of Del Monte No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes for being a Del Monte Dish member. This coupon is for the first 50,000 people who request it. This is for existing members only but if you want to sign up, go here. Then next time you can get in on these free coupons as well.
Get over $27 in coupons in the Home Made Simple Coupon Book to save on household products from Procter & Gamble. This is a great coupon book that is available several times each year, so go ahead and request yours again! It doesn't hurt to ask, they will tell you if you've already received this current offer. They just keep changing the expiration dates of the coupons inside and reissuing it. This coupon booklet still contains the coupon for a free bottle of Cascade Rinse Aid.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
So here's my challenge. Instead of buying a new present for someone and spend $20 easily each person. Try to be Eco friendly and recycle. Hit your thrift stores. Most people love those things that they cannot find anymore. Like for me its Tupperware. Tupperware is close to my heart. Maybe you have a friend who's into vintage kitchen ware? Rubix cube? vintage quilts? Pampered Chef? Vintage board games? You name it, its there still. Lets save something from going into a landfill and recycle something old. Baskets are always in thrift stores. I even found vintage owl wrapping paper for only 50 cents yesterday. Yellow's and oranges and super pretty. Just sit down and think about each person and what they like. Or just pick things you like and want to share with them. Possibilities are endless.
If you are too worried about used things (have some friends like that) buy something recycled. There are so many companies who are selling recycled gift idea's. Or maybe just make cupcakes for everyone using Eco friendly baking cups. Whole Foods is a excellent place for this. Try out Trader Joe's. Another excellent place. Or just order online. Thousands of places to buy from.
Here's what I'm doing this year and how I do it for such low cost.
1 large basket-Few were found in a free bin at the local thrift store. SCORE! Then a few were found for only a quarter.
Whole wheat pancake mix-I am putting together the mix with flax seed and powdered milk. See recipe below.
Wooden Spoons-bought new at dollar store (4pc per pack). Sanitary to buy new ones.
Vintage Tupperware-for putting the mix in
Vintage Apron-found at thrift store for $1
Honey-little honey bee's from the Bee Movie. 2/$1
Basket filler-saved from packaging
Cookies-will be making and adding these to the basket
Cook books-I ordered for free from Gooseberry Patch , found for super cheap, or found at thrift stores.
Ornaments-were going to recycle items and make ornaments to put in each basket.
So far this is all I have but I'm still on the hunt. Here's how I break down the cost so far
I have 6 baskets to make
Ive spend about $2.50 on each so far.
Free Dunhill LONDON for men fragrance sample here
great for on the go
Benefiber: Free Sample
Gain with Baking Soda: Free Sample
Glad Food Storage Bag: Free Sample
Huggies Diapers: Free Sample (size 3 only)
Sorry guys, not a whole lot out there today
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
NutraSweet - Welcome to the new world of sweet taste.
Look at bottom of page. Also have a choice to become a part of their advisory panel. Which might mean more samples or free product later.
Free subscribtion of Country Living Magazine
enter promotional code: 2008LTCL12Country Living Association - Registration
Benifiber Free Sample
Walmart.com, Holiday Food - Brand Feature: Benefiber Drink Mix
Walmart samples always come in the mail.
Free decal of your favorite nascar driver
Get this free decal when you join the chevy team.Email Sign-up: Team Chevy
Vinyl letters and characters samples
Tatouage Designs Store,Free Tatouage Catalog, WallPops,Word Art +Tatouage Transfer Designs - Free Tatouage Samples
You can order one or both. I use these in my daughters bathroom. They will send you a small sample and you can use however you want. Easy form.
Free tote from Well Care
easiest form ever. You can use this for many things. If you dont like the outside, just use fabric paint and let the kids go nuts. They will love decorating their own bag.
Sign up with Stouffers Dinner Club and get a free tote bag
STOUFFER'S® Dinner Club Auction
Just sign up with them and get 100 points, click donate, donate 20 points and get a free tote bag. Took me 2 minutes. Super easy to do. When you donate points, you feed hungry families accross america. Doing a good cause and getting something free in return.
California Earthquake Authority (CEA) Version 2.0
Click on the blue box at top of page(box says click here for free kit), and on next page click on "order kit" on left hand side. Not just for California, earthquakes happen everywhere. If you dont have homeowners insurance, just pick one they show.
Get a free sample of Shaklee's Healthy Energy Tea here.
Yogi Tea: Free Sample
Free subscription to Tennis magazine here.
Free Muir Glen 2008 Reserve Gift Box here. This is a cool one so it won't long! Supplies are limited.
New and current members can get a free 8x11 Photo Book from Snapfish thanks to Oprah. Yes, you do need to pay the shipping (you can not use coupon codes on this offer) - but this is a great offer that I think many of you will want to take advantage of. This book would normally cost you $29.99. Standard shipping is $6.99. For new members, you also get 30 more free photo's. You've got to hurry and request your coupon by Friday, November 14. You've got to redeem your coupon by Sunday, November 16. Might make a great christmas gift for under $10?
I did this today and it took me about 1 hour to do. Super easy.
Kodak Gallery is offering a free set of photo cards. The catch is that you have to pay shippingon the photo cards. But you also have the option to pick them up at a local store like CVS for $1.49 (that's how much they charged me, would be less than shipping). Just enter coupon code TRYUS3 sometime before Dec. 31 and you will have a $10 credit towards photo cards to use (must use credit during current session). If you don't have an account, create one and get 20 free prints.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Free coffee at World Market while supplies last - find out more here.
4 free song downloads from Tic Tac Chill here
Free Joy Around the World Vol. 2 CD here. It says every one in 5 people get one.
Ive heard they give everyone, not just every 5 people.
Free .01 oz sample of Clinique Happy Perfume here. This one is for Facebook users only.
pretty easy to do and you can send a email to friends to get this too.
Also for Facebook users only, become a fan of Sears on Facebook here and get a $5 gift card (first 10k only). Also super easy.
Free sample of Cream oil body lotion for extra dry skin from Dove here.
Planet Heroes DVD - The Ace that Jumped over the Moon, go ahead and order it because it's absolutely free (free shipping) from Fisher-Price/Mattel. Ive recieved this everytime ive signed up for it.
Juicy Juice Sippy Cup - Get a free cup when you sign-up at JuicyJuice.com. Ive also recieved this. If you dont have any children, donate them to a womens shelter. Or even use in a baby shower basket.
Pampers Potty Training Kit - includes Easy Ups sample, coupons, chart & stickers
Lysol's Healthy Habits Activity Book - a 30-pg activity book from Lysol
Playtex Nurser Bottle - a bottle that comes with 3 drop-ins liners and a coupon
Free Sample of Shaklee's Revolutionary, Healthy Energy Tea!
Register or log in to your Facebook account and then revisit this page. Scroll down to where it says 'Wear it and be happy' Click the link and complete your details for your FREE sample. Your Clinique Happy mini perfume spray should arrive in approximately 2-4 weeks.
Click here for Clinique Happy
You can give this as a gift along with some other girly items. Great gift!
Monday, November 10, 2008
40% off Regularly priced items ordered on NOV 15th 2008.
Enter promo code HPTODAY
30% off Regular priced items ordered on NOV 16-30, 2008
Enter promo code
HPNOV25% off regular priced items ordered on DEC 1-21, 2008
Enter promo code HPDEC
They have tons of beds, my personal favorite is the small child one you take when the child spends the night at relatives. You can get that for only around $40
. Aero® Products International, Inc.
Just thought I would pass on the savings.
Ive already recieved a few. LOVE THEM! Cheap wall art too. Use small frames, cut out the pictures of oil paintings you like, and put them into the frames. Why buy expensive prints that you gonna have to have professionally framed because they are in odd size's. When you can use these for free?
Free 2009 Oriental Trading Calendar here
Click here to receive a free one year subscription to Plenty Magazine. This magazine is my ultimate favorite. Its all about living green. Holiday green idea's, green products, research, hot topics, and world issues. This is a must have magazine in my openion.
Get a free sample of Kirkland diapers
If you dont have children in diapers, just order them so they can use them on their dolls. Or donate them to a shelter. You can order one per email.
Click here to request a sample of Pedigree's Soft Bites for dogs from Walmart
Click here to get free samples from Teasta Tea. Choose two varieties of sample teas you'd like, add them to your cart, and use coupon code TRYME when you checkout and your order will be completely free!
Click here to get a free sample of Glad food bags from Wal-Mart
Click here to sign up to receive a free subscription to Saveur magazine from ValueMags
Free Bra-worth a try
Click here to get a free subscription to Islands magazine from ValueMags
Dove® Body Lotion-free sample. Simple form.
Click here for Stetson Fresh mens cologn. Save these for when you travel. Ive broken my favorite perfume before trying to bring it with me on vacation. Im still sad.....So save these up and bring them instead. Or just use them in your car for when you need to freshen up.
Free “Love Song” by Sara Bareilles song download here. (Use code: T3UBERKQPPNXD29)
Free Sheryl Crow MP3, Hello My Friend Hello song download here. (Use code HMKSC08)
Free sample of Just like sugar here.
For those not familure with them, here's a little tid bit. Its free to sign up, they dont ask any personal info. Just name, address, etc. They will have a few brand name parties that you can sign up for. Not everyone will get it, but alot will. If you get the party, they have a great party central. You can email friends, make invitations, and get great party idea's from them and other people all on the website. Its pretty neat. Name brands will give free product to house party, and house party will pick qualified people the party package. You throw a party, they give you products and stuff to give away. Ive been a part of 2 parties now. Here is what ive already recieved for FREE. No shipping either!
Green Works House Party
Free full size bottle of Green Works spray
Coupons for free to give away
2 brita plastic bottles -door prizes
Green Works seed paper-they take home and plant it.
Philadelphia Cream Cheese Party
cream cheese coupons
Collectors tin with 75 recipe's
Tara Leigh music samplers (20 of the most current artist on it)
5 new music cd's (harry conic jr, etc)-give aways
Aero Bed coupons
2 Aero Bed sleep mask-give aways
4 coupons for free cream cheese for me the host
Now is it really worth it? YOU BETCHA! Plus I get to hang out with my friends, no pressure to buy anything at your party because you dont buy anything. They get to bring free stuff home, the brand gets their name with word of mouth, and everyone has fun. I made the yummiest cheese cake for the party. Carmel cheesecake with cinnamon graham cracker crust. MMMM!
now, go to http://www.houseparty.com/ and start your own party!
Whats WOM you might wonder? Word of mouth. Its a powerful tool. I find something, pass it along to you, and you in return pass it along to your friends. And so on and so on. I think especially this is amazing when it comes to moms. Moms are very powerful. Its amazing how moms will pass on info to everyone when it comes to something they love. And who doesnt like free stuff? Come on, we LOVE it!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
1. Declutter your home. Pack away all trinkets, kids art projects, extra blankets, things that just lay around and serve no purpose.
2. Buy Beware. Fix everything you can. Dont be afraid, look up how to do it on the internet if you dont know how to. Broken light fixture, easy. Molding come undone, fix it. You get the idea. Most things are super easy, were just putting it off. And most of these things are free and easy to do.
3. Clean it up. Especially the kitchen and bathrooms. They are the most important and they will sell your house. Pull out all the cleaners you have and just clean. Grout, back splash, canisters, appliances, and just about everything. If you dont have money to paint, clean the walls as good as you can. If these places are dirty, the buyer will walk away. FREE to do.
4. Go neutral. If you paint, pick very warm neutral colors. People want to walk in and be able to just put their belongings in your home with no trouble. If you have a red wall, and the buyers dont like red, your out. So paint neutral. Ask friends if they have any left over paint or look for mark down paint in your local store. Alot of people pick the wrong colors, and return the paint. Their loss your gain. Very budget friendly.
5. Design to smell. Basically tell a friend to walk in your home and smell. Whatever they smell, the buyers will smell too. Animal smells are a red flag and buyers will walk away. Mold is another big no. So dont just smell, you wont smell it when you live there. Have a friend smell for you. Clean whatever is smelling or get rid of it. Have a friend watch your dog if thats what the smell is. Most friends will understand and help out. FREE!
6. Spring. Spring is the #1 time to sell your home. Not sure why but when spring time comes, people want to get out and find something new. Winter time is for serious buyers as well. They dont want to fart around, they want to buy and get done. Its too cold to mess around.
7. Clean and clean up. Your yard looking bad? Clear it out and clean it up. Pull weeds and dead plants. If you dont have money, this is the best thing you can do. Trim plants, pull weeds, rake leaves and cut your lawn. If you can budget it, buy some bark. HUGE improvement. Plant a few pretty flowers. Its worth the money. Or ask friends if they have any plants they want to get rid of, work those in. Very budget friendly.
8. Architectual Details. If you have a period home, accent these details. Beautiful detail always sell a home. Take your homes best features and glamour them up. Clean them up, paint them, and tell your realitor about them so they can show them off for you. Very budget friendly.
9. Front porch. This is a big indicator of what your home is gonna look like. Clean up, sweep, replace old rugs, put a few flower pots up there, and make it look welcoming. They will want to go in your home now. Try repainting your door, this is a huge improvement. Usually free.
10. Deck-it-out. You have a deck or patio? Make it usable. If you cannot afford getting patio furniture, borrow some from a friend just until your home sells. Make it look like another space in your home. Your home will look bigger in return. Fix anything that needs to be fixed, sweep it, clean it up and stage it. Maybe a cup of coffee, candle and a flower on the table. Make it look like you had coffee outside. Buyers love this. Very budget friendly.
11. Hello. The front door needs to wow them. Curb appeal is everything. Drive up to your home and just look at it. Walkway need weeded, do it. Plants need to be trimmed, do it. Lawn need watered, do it. Lights need cleaned, do it. Make your home look like they want to come inside. FREE!
12. Fireplace. Fireplaces sell a home. You have a beautiful fireplace? Uncover it, clean it up and have some lots in and burning. When they look at your home, they will feel warm and at home. Put a cup of coffee by it, a warm blanket on the couch, and they will want to buy your home just for that fireplace. Clean it, update it, and show it off. FREE!
13. Furniture placement. Pick a focal point in your room, and work your furniture around it. If you have too much furniture, store it. Make it simple. Work your lighting, and accent pieces. No personal touches. Not everyone loves those log cabin frames. So pack them away and be simple. FREE!
14. Details. If you have a small budget but want moldings, dont worry. You can get chair railing, put it up a few inches below your ceiling, and paint it white. It will look like molding but actually be a budget friendly faux. It tricks the eye. Paint from where the ceiling meets the wall down to the actual moldings. Looks like big molding but isnt. You can find chair railing for around 50 cents per foot. Way worth the money. If you have it already, dust it off and clean it up. Super budget friendly.
15. Dining table. Make it nice. Clean it off, and put a candle or vase of flowers. You can buy some, use silk ones you already have or just pick some wild flowers. Good trick to get rid of those scratches is wax pens. If you dont have them, ask friends. It will make those scratches disappear. Or you can use a fabric table cloth. Dont have one, borrow one from a friend. You want to make the buyers want to eat at your table. Remember to keep the flow in the dining room. Dont crowd it. Too crowded, try taking a chair or two out. Very budget friendly.
16. Know your compitition. Go to open house's around your home. Compare to yours. Watch the buyers point out details they like. Remember these when you stage your home. Use their idea's to spruce yours up. You can also get a good idea on how much you should sell yours. This is completely free and who doesnt like to look at other peoples homes? This one will be fun and RREE!
17. Pear it down. Make it simple. Declutter clossets. Pack away seasonal clothes and shoe's. Get some baskets from thrift stores or borrow some. Make it look like you have all the storage in the room. Storage room sells! Take out furniture if the room is small. Make it look bigger. Take away anything distracting. FREE!
18. Bedroom. Walk to your room and the first wall you see is the wall the bed should be on. Take any personal pictures down and replace with pretty non-distracting pictures. Neutralize any loud paint colors. Make the bed the focal point. Budget friendly.
19. Creat Luxury. Put nice bed linen's. Maybe make some pretty silky pillows. Buy discounted pillows from thrift stores to use their polyester filling. Buy some inexpensive fabric or use some sheets(also from thrift store) and make some pretty pillows. Or borrow some from a friend. Put a candle, maybe a magazine or book, and low lighting. Make it look like they can crawl in to bed at that moment. Budget friendly.
20. Clear out clossets. Organize them. Maybe by color, style, or type of item. This will give the illusion that you have tons of room left. FREE!
21. Price it to sell. If its not selling, cut the price. Look at competitors house's and under price them if you want to sell quick. You price it right, it will sell.
22. Bathroom. If you have the budget, use high end materials. You will get 100% of your money back promise. Master bedroom bathrooms sell homes. Replace old lighting, and paint will do a huge impact. Use #4 for idea's on this one. Check out your local hardware store weekly for markdowns on fixtures. Maybe tell everyone that your looking for one and they might have one thats better than yours that they replaced. Try www.craigslist.com . Super good deals there too. Another free thing to do it CLEAN IT! Bleech any grout, clean up any tubs, toilets and sinks. Clean cob webs. Buy new clean towells just for showing and dont use them. Or borrow some.
23. Pimp your vanity. Its the only piece of furniture you have. Declutter any storage area. Get rid of those 10 bottles of shampoo you have and pack them away, take anything out that you dont use everyday. When you get your new home, you can put them back. Make it look like you have tons of storage. Get some baskets from a friend or a thrift store. Put out pretty soaps, maybe a candle or even flowers. Make it simple but pimp your vanity. Very budget friendly.
24. Dont pour money down the drain. Dont buy expensive soaps, just use simple soaps. Dont buy things you dont need. You dont need to go buy new toothbrush holder with matching things. Use what you have just make it clean and simple. Or borrow things. This is wasting your money.
25. Wisk them away. Make your bathroom look like a spa. To get an idea of what to do, look up spa's on the internet. Take that idea and run with it. Make a simple candle holder with a plate, river rocks(maybe from your yard or buy 1 bag from $1 tree or $1 general) put a candle on it. Simple and pretty. Maybe spray some vanilla room spray before the buyers get there. Play some soothing music in the home. Very budget friendly .
26. Kitchen. One thing you can do is change the hardware. This can be as cheap as $50. This makes a huge impact. Paint old cabinets if you have the budget. Take out ugly drawer liners, clean off shelves, declutter the counter, clean clean clean, and even clean the trim. Clean everything. Kitchens sell homes. Budget friendly.
27. Counters. They must be clean and cleared. Have just a few key pieces in it. Kitchen aid mixer? Leave that one out. Griddle? Pack it. Paper towels? put it away. You get the idea. The most you put away, the bigger it looks. FREE!
28. Appliances. If you have the budget, replace with stainless steel. You will get 100% of your money back. If not, clean everything. Take off magnets and kids pictures from the fridge. No dishes in the dishwasher. No dishes period. Clean oven covers or replace if you can. Boil them to get them super clean. Clean inside of oven as well. Microwave too! People do not want to buy a home if the kitchen has any food or grime on it. CLEAN IT!!! its free!
29. Open floor plans in kitchen. Have a old home, take out a wall. Old homes kitchens were always seperate from dining rooms. Maybe just a pocket hole. You want to see your guest as they eat. Open floor plants sell homes. This can be done on a budget. Ask around your friends if they know anyone who has done this. You can get the materials, throw a party, buy some pizza and drinks. Most men will do anything for food and drinks. LOL! and same goes with painting.
30. Go with the flow. Have a square dining table, borrow a friends oval or circle one. If its in the budget, buy one. You can find many on www.craigslist.com or your local paper for 50% or more off retail price. WORTH IT. It improves the flow and makes it look roomier. Same goes with furniture. Make sure people can walk around your home with ease.
31. Trash to treasure. Take a room you dont use and turn it into something else. Small room you use for storage, turn it into a bedroom if it has a closset. Just make it simple and it will look bigger. No closset, turn it into a study. Maybe a exercise room. Turn nothing into something. FREE!!!
32. Match your home to your home style. You have a newer home, make it look more modern. Have a old farm home, turn it a tid bit country. Accent your home with its style. This sells homes! Alot of people look for specific home styles.
33. Complete the picture. Make it move in ready. Fix everything from shoe scuffs on the wall, to wall paint colors, to cleaning the carpet. Home owners dont have to have to fix anything. Do it for them. Most are free fix's or budget friendly.
34. Take what you have and make it better. Clean up wood furniture with wood cleaner. Borrow a carpet cleaner and clean the couch, declutter all shelves, etc. You get the idea. Use what you have and make it better.
35. Go over the top. Think its good, make it better. Ask a friend their openions. Get another persons point of view.
#1 tip is "Dont do nothing" it wont sell your home.