Tuesday, December 2, 2008

*New* Product Review Seventh Generation


Seventh Generation has been around for years now and I must say they are one of the best products around. I contacted them to maybe get some product samples so I could review them and put them on my blog. To my suprise they sent me a fabric bag filled with "FULL SIZE" products. They came through in a huge way for me. So a big THANK YOU to them!

Ive used their spray cleaners and dishwashing for a few months now and they are my ultimate favorite in cleaning supplies. As most you know, my children and I are allergic to all perfumes and dyes. We also have excema which doesnt help out. So I have to be really careful what I use in my home. Not only are their products safe but all of them are recycled packaging in some kind of way. Just an amazing company. Here is a review of a few products that I reccomend. These are my openions and you should use with caution. Test these out on small items before using regularly. If you dont have allergies/excema then just use them to green up this planet. They work the same as regular cleaning brands but are safe and natural.


Free and Clear Natural All Purpose Cleaner

Features and Benefits
Non-toxic & biodegradable -
Hypo-allergenic -
Does not create harsh fumes
Not tested on animals
Kosher-certified

I tested this on my kitchen against another leading all purpose cleaner. (no names but its blue in color). There was no smell, no suds, and I didnt have to clean it again to get any residue off my counters like you usually do with cleansers. I kept having a film on my counters which made me nervious about what kind of chemicals I was leaving on my counters for my children to touch and get in their mouths. No residue here! Left my counters shiny(I have tile counters) and left no residue. No smells, and actually left my hands soft. The bottle contains a min. 25% post consumer recycled plastic.

Free and Clear Natural Dish Liquid

I have a dishwasher but I admit that I actually enjoy washing my dishes by hand. Grew up doing dishes by hand only so it comes natural for me. Due to my allergies and excema, ive had to stop doing them for a long time. Excema and allergies were very hard to pin point when I was growing up and I didnt know I had these until the last few years. So I was excited to try this one out.

Features and Benefits
Non-toxic & biodegradable
Hypo-allergenic
Free of phosphates
Safe for septic & greywater systems
Not tested on animals
Kosher-certified

Perfume and Dye free


I have not seen any differance in this soaps cleaning power than in regular cleaners. Works wonderful! Still very sudsy and gets all food and grime off my dishes. You can get this scented too so if its hard for you to clean without scents, then your in luck. Not only can I use this, but my children actually love doing the dishes as well. Bonus for me! Plus it leaves our hands super soft when done doing dishes.

If every house hold in the U.S. replaced just one bottle of 25 oz petroleum based dishwashing liquid with their 25 oz vegetable based product, you could save 81,000 barrels of oil, enough to heat and cool 4,500 U.S. homes for a year! That alone should inspire you to try it out and use it.


Natural 2x Concentrate Laundry Liquid

Like ive stated in the past. I have had to make my own liquid laundry soap for a long time now so I was pretty nervious about trying out this one. So I used it to wash my sheets and blankets. My excema isnt as bad as my childrens so I wouldnt have a problem trying it out. I used it in my HE washer(used half the amount required) and it worked perfectly. I used it along with their Natural Fabric Softner . They came out soft and fluffy as usual. I put them on my bed and went to bed. The next day I had no affects. No itching or anything. They were flannel sheets and were super soft. So the next load I tried them out on my childrens clothing. Again same results. They werent scratchy and their skin didnt blotch and turn any colors. Worked perfectly!!

Features and Benefits
Non-toxic & biodegradable
Hypo-allergenic
Free of phosphates & optical brighteners
Safe for septic & greywater systems
Not tested on animals
Kosher-certified

If every household would replace their petroleum based based liquid laundry soap with their vegetable based liquid laundry soap, you would save 460,000 barrels off oil. Thats enough to heat 27,000 us homes for a year.

I could go on and on about this company. But check it out for yourself at http://www.seventhgeneration.com/ and find a local store who carries it. Ive seen it in just about every mainstream store around. Fred Meyers, Target, small local grocery stores, Whole Foods, New Seasona, etc. Its everywhere. They sell everything from toilet paper, baby whipes, diapers, feminine products, household paper supplies, trash bags, and even baby products.

Sign up for their newsletter and get good reads. You also can get valueable coupons to print out and periodically get sent coupons as well. Save them for when the brand goes on sale and get them for super cheap and stock up.

No comments: