Sunday, May 24, 2009

Frugal Art Work

I get many magazines in the mail. There are so many beautiful pictures in these magazines that really could be used for art work. For us, simplicity is the key to successful living. We walk, bike, hike, and try to live a greener lifestyle. Not only to be green, but to save on money. So when I found this picture in a magazine, I had to do something with it. My husband bikes to work everyday and this would be a wonderful suprise gift for him. 
How to: I used a frame I had bought and used for another piece of artwork I had. We moved and the art work didnt look right in our older home. I did find this particular frame at the dollar store. I cut out the wonderful art and realized that it didnt fit my frame, it was too small. So I found a piece of acid free cardstock I had in my art supplies and used it as a matt. I used tape instead of glue. Glue will wrinkle the print. Done. Pretty easy huh? 
Next time you thumb through a favorite magazine, keep the pictures you just love. You never know what you can do with them. I keep mine in a folder for later use. 
FYI-He loved the print art work!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is so damn funny that I have a few pcs of artwork that I have held on to for so long not knowing how I could cut the perfect mat. Then your smart ass brain says....tape. LOL Oh duh... there I go, tape the damn thing. Thanks for the smack up side the dead brain. :P

Unknown said...

I think it is so damn funny that I have a few pcs of artwork that I have held on to for so long not knowing how I could cut the perfect mat. Then your smart ass brain says....tape. LOL Oh duh... there I go, tape the damn thing. Thanks for the smack up side the dead brain. :P