Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Frugal Gardening Progress *Pea's*


As you can see, the pea's are climbing my left over fence pretty well. When ever I water them, I usually manualy train them to go up it. I was skeptical about them actually growing up them but I was pleasantly surprised. Cant wait to see how tall they get.

Since I didnt have enough space for my pea's, I pretty much put them anywhere they could climb. In the small wooden plant box are beans that are only about 6 inches tall. Behind them I planted the pea's knowing they would be able to climb up the metal garden art. Well these pea's are doing great, especially since the beans didnt do so well so I had to yank them out. So the pea's are thriving now.
If you ever thought about growing pea's but didnt think you had the room, you would be surprised where you could put them. Some people plant them in front of their corn and the pea's grow up all over the corn. Try to use plants with each other, plant them near things they can grow up, and get creative.

No comments: