Saturday, May 15, 2010

Homemade Goodness "Killer Oatmeal Cookies"

Woot woot! My laptop charger came today and im back up and running! Man that was the hardest week ever. It was just too much work trying to get a post up so I just gave up. My old laptop was not designed very well. The touch mouse pad is really close to the keyboard so I would be 30 minutes into a good post and I would barely (I mean seriously barely!) touch the mouse pad and it would go back to the last page and I would lose all my stuff. AAAHHH! After giving it a few choice words and flipping it off I realized that I was in a fight with a laptop. So I gave up and put it away. NEVER AGAIN!

Long story short, I will be taking the weekend off. Going to the market with some friends tomorrow, we have a guest this weekend and also have a few small projects to finish. But I wanted to share with you a very yummy recipe I found. It's not the healthiest but oh my goodness are they good!

Killer Oatmeal Cookies ( i'm not kidding seriously yummy chewy!)

1 cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of salt

After you mix all the above ingredients, add 3 cups of oats and any optional items.
350 degree's cook till sides are golden brown but not the center. Take out and let finish cooking 2 minutes in the pan. This is the key to making these cookies chewy. Once cooled take out of the pan.
Yields 3 dozen

No comments: