Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rain drops keep falling on my garden...

When I typed that title I sang  "Rain drops are falling on my head" which is one of my favorite songs. I thought you would enjoy some pictures I just took out in my garden.  We have had sunshine all week and it was nice to get a little shower.  Some may not like rain but I welcome it because it means I don't have to water the garden tomorrow which saves me some money. Anyways I thought you would enjoy these pictures so...enjoy!

Hosta
Another larger Hosta
Chard
LOVE the color contrast. Chard is my favorite for many reasons.
Broccoli
Flowered Bok Choy
And more Chard!
Anyone want to guess whats growing in my neglected compost pile? I see two items!

There are two more items growing in here too. Any guesses?


2 comments:

Lynda said...

I'll guess: strawberry (some kind of berry anyway), celery, potatoes and onions or garlic. By the way, your pictures are awesome. And chard's my favorite, too.

Surviving and thriving on pennies said...

Yes you would be correct! Good eyes!
I am loving my new camera for sure. I am so in love with raindrops on plants.For some reason my family never grew chard and I didnt discover it till just a few months ago. It was love at first sight and bite.
Have a wonderful day!