Wednesday, April 25, 2012

April Food Budget $275.28 & why I love Azure Standard


This my friend is a 25 pound block of roasted no salt sunflower seeds. Since peanuts went up in price, I have converted to sunflower seeds.  We go through lots and lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and I did my best to stock up on peanuts when they were regular priced.  They have literally almost doubled in price! Last year peanuts were $50 for a 25 pound bag.  Now they are $80.80.  So I did some research and found that sunflower seeds in Azure standard are only $50.35. They are roasted with no salt. I could of ordered raw and only spent $37.85 but would of had the task of trying to roast them myself. But I will gladly spent the extra money to have them already roasted.

Organic mustard in my local stores is $2.99 for this size bottle.  I paid only $1.75 from Azure Standard.  I pay $3.99 for a 3 pound bag of organic apples in my local stores.  Azure Standard has them for only $3.25. Not a huge savings but hey, its 75 cents staying in my pocket.

Since the sunflower seeds come in plastic I quickly put them into large glass jars.  I keep them in my garage which is cold and dark most the time.  They will last for months in there.  Anytime I need some sun butter I simply get about 2-3 cups of seeds and toss them in the food processor.  I then process them for about 3 minutes and add some peanut oil if they are not blending to a smooth texture.  Then I store the sun butter in a mason jar. Easy peasy!

1lb Home processed sun butter-$2.01
1lb of store bought sun butter-$6.99 and up

You can easily see the savings there. Homemade is always better!

Total for this food-$55.30
Total for the month of April-$275.28


Why do I love Azure Standard?

I am able to afford all natural and organic food on a budget. Plus its FREE to sign up! No membership fee's what so ever! Also they give you information on each item and even information behind the company. 

From the website

Getting Started @ Azure
We specialize in natural, organic, earth-friendly foods and products. We deliver directly to customers, buying clubs and retailers by semi truck and UPS.

What is a "drop" or "drop point"?

The terms “drop” and “drop point” are one and the same. “Drop points” are the places on the delivery routes where deliveries are made.

What's the minimum order for a "drop point"?

For the truck to stop at a particular location, that “drop” must have a total order of at least $550.00*. Any number of people can order as long as each order within the “drop” is at least $50.00**.

How do I find a drop point if my order is more than $50.00 but less than $550.00?

We will be more than happy to find an existing drop for you to join in your area. Please call our Customer Service Department at 541-467-2230 and ask for help finding a drop point near you. Let the Customer Service Representative who answers the phone know you are a new customer and either want to find a drop point, or would like to become a drop point. He or she will guide you through what you need to do next and provide you with more information. You will then need to contact the drop point coordinator, ask to join their “drop” and get their name, address and which route(s) they order on. They will then give you information about when & where to pick up your orders.

What if I already know what drop point I want my order to be delivered to?

If you already know of an existing drop point which you would like your order to be delivered to, please indicate that on your order. Remember that your order must be at least $50.00 to avoid a small order handling fee**.

What if I don't want to order on-line?

You can call us and let one of our Customer Service Representatives know you have an order ready and have found a drop. The Rep will then assign you a customer number and take your first order. (We do not pre-assign customer numbers.)

What if I used to have a customer number but it’s been a long time and I don’t remember it?

If it has been awhile since you ordered from us, and you don’t remember your number, give us a call... we will find your number for you. Please remember, you only need one customer number. That number will work for faxed, phoned, or on- line orders. If you move, your number will go with you. We will be more than happy to find you a new drop contact in your new city/town. We’re eager to help you through any problems you may be having, so feel free to call us or email us at customerservice@azurestandard.com. We look forward to providing you the best organic and natural products!
~ All of us at Azure



Make sure to check their specials before you order. They have great deals on produce and don't be afraid to order a large quantity.  I have a friend that will split with me so its no problem for me.  Ask around to friends who also order or just order for the two of you.  You simply cannot pass up $20 for 38 lbs of organic oranges. Hello!!! 

Azure had made their website easier to navigate as well.  Check out their seven fun ways  you can use their website.

Also want to add that Azure not only sells big quantity items.  They also sell smaller sizes! But remember the bigger your quantity the less you pay per pound. Just keep this in mind. 

Last but not least if you live near me (those who know me) and want to order, simply call me or email me. I can give you the route #.  And if you want to go in on a order just let me know.  I'm always willing to split large orders of produce. 

No comments: