Sunday, May 18, 2014

Green Review Polly by Shelby Rebecca





  “Polly” Review
       Book Written By: Shelby Rebecca


In this inspiring book, a praying mantis and her new friends Emack the rose-eating spotted bat, and Jackson the orphan aphid, go on an amazing adventure to the tree between the four rivers to live a happy fighting-free life. But their adventure got interrupted when they get knocked out and contaminated by a crop-dusting airplane and get knocked out of the sky, falling into a toxic bug-poison infected farm.. The trio meets a girl named Greta who is battling an illness whose father runs the bug-poison farm.. Polly and her friends get separated and she gets kidnaped by mutants, and is on trial for spying. The punishment is taking Polly’s life. Its up to Polly to come up with a solution to all of her people’s problems.


As a thirteen year old, I thought that this book is a amazing story that inspired me to be even more curious of what I eat such as where my food comes from. Shelby Rebecca brings the eco-friendly story to life by giving friendship and adventure to the book. I learned even more about the effects of crop-dusting and what it does to our body. I can’t believe that people would even think of putting poison on the food we eat. This story is astonishing.

I highly recommend this book because it shows you to think out of the box and to become curious about the effects of crop dusting like I did. I think that this book would be good for all ages to learn more about the world around us and to become more cautious of the things we do and eat. Thank you Shelby for creating this wonderful and inspiring story because it really helped me understand the importance of Organic foods.

Shelby Rebecca sent me a free copy of her book in exchange for a free honest review. My 13 year old daughter read this book and wrote the review.

Now if you want to buy this book you can find it on Amazon. You can also check her out on Facebook.

1 comment:

Shelby Rebecca said...

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad that Polly's story helped you take notice about the benefits of organic food.