Wednesday, May 28, 2014

DIY White Bean and Herb Spread


This year I really want to take advantage of herbs in my garden.  In the past I have dried them and used them for cooking.  They are so much better than any herb you can buy in the store. Whats even better than that? Fresh herbs in your food! Enjoy!




What you will need:
2 cups cooked white beans (I cooked my dried beans but feel free to use canned)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2 cup fresh parsley (I used fresh wild celery)
1 tbsp fresh rosemary minced
salt n pepper to taste

Instructions:
Put all the beans in a bowl and smash half of them with a potato masher or fork.  Add olive oil, garlic, vinegar, parsley, rosemary and mix well.  Salt and pepper to taste.  

I have only tried this used as a dip but I'm sure you could use it on a sandwich or even dip pita bread in it.  I recommend making your own beans so you can control how much or little of sodium you want.  Let it sit overnight and WOW will your tastebuds thank you! 

1 comment:

Green Bean said...

Yum! Love me some bean dip Going to try this.