Thursday, April 3, 2014

Want Not Waste Not

You've heard the old expression "Waste not want not" right? Well in my case its want not waste not. I have called the paper service many times to tell them not to deliver this weekly food paper.  Yet each Tuesday this shows up on my driveway. UURRRRR!!!! So instead of just tossing them in the recycling I put them to use. I don't use coupons and this thing is loaded with them.  Coupons are usually for processed unhealthy food and we don't eat that stuff.  Don't get me wrong I still look just in case! And before you go emailing me I already asked around and no one wanted them.


If I get up early I can get the paper dry and not soaked with water. It's much easier to use when not wet! I simply open this paper up and make two piles.  One pile for glossy paper and the plastic bag.  The other pile is for non glossy paper and ad's that cannot be burned.  


I put the few glossy items and plastic bag into the recycling because I have yet to find a use for them. The non glossy items I stack and collect in a area that you cannot see in my living room.  I will use these for starting my fire in the winter months and for making paper pots for my garden.  It's April now so by the time the winter months come I will have a good stack to work with.

Now when you get junk in the mail or an annoying paper that won't go away, think of these things.  Use what you can before you just toss in the recycling.

What things do you use extra papers for? Comment here or on my Facebook and join the conversation!

3 comments:

Lori Popkewitz Alper said...

We do the same thing Nancy. They are great fire starters!

Anne said...

While we don't regularly order a paper, either, we save the unwanted ones that show up for the kids' craft table. You can never have enough when someone wants to paint.

Anna (Green Talk) said...

I use my paper for the pathways between my beds. I hate weeds!