Sunday, May 29, 2011

$50 a week

I took my oldest daughter on a grocery ride this time.  It was a overcast day here in Oregon but luckily for us it didn't rain one bit.  We both wore backpacks and headed out for our bike ride. First stop was Trader Joe's for a few things.

TRADER JOE'S

$2.99 Hormone free Vit D gallon of milk
$1.49 Sunshine Dairy half n half
$3.29 3lbs of jasmine rice (husband thinks there is nothing to eat if we don't have white rice)
TOTAL $7.77


Mark's NW Fresh Produce

$1.00 per lb Tomatoes
.99 cents per lb Fuji apples
.99 cents per lb navel oranges
.99 cents per lb pears
.50 cents per lb red onions
$1.99 per lb of cherries (what a steal!)
2/$1 green bell peppers
3/$1 kiwi
3/$1 avocado

Total for all produce was $21
Not pictured was produce I bought the other day from Mark's that came up to $10.

SO TOTAL FOR THE WEEK WAS $38.77
Plenty of money left over for anything we run out of.  I am working on another post right now with more pictures of the garden and its progress. Right now I have to be taxi mom and go fetch someone. But I promise I will get that up here soon.

4 comments:

Gallegos Newsletter said...

Every year Wal-mart has a shopping challenge and the winner gets prizes! I totally think you should go for it! I am amazed at what you do for your families meals each week.

Gallegos Newsletter said...

Every year Wal-Mart has a grocery shopping challenge and the winner gets prizes! I totally think you should go for it! I am amazed by the way you feed your family every week!

Surviving and thriving on pennies said...

I wonder if it's a challenge to use their products or just for shopping/ budget. In general? I do live near walkway but never shop there.
Thanks for the compliment!!

Gallegos Newsletter said...

The challenge is strictly budget. I will let you know when they announce the next challenge.