Friday, March 13, 2009

Homemade Goodness *Basic Crepes*

This recipe could be used in so many creations. You can use any type of flour you want also. This is how I cook mine but alter to your own taste.

Basic Crepes

1 3/4 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups milk (or 2/3 cup powdered milk with 2 cups of water)
3 large eggs (I use 2 and they come out fine)
2 1/2 oz(5tbsp) of butter (I use oil works just fine)

Mix wet items then mix into dry items. Batter should be the consistency of heavy cream, add more milk or water if needed. I use a plug in griddle so I can cook 2 at a time. Just pour 1/4 cup of mixture into the pan (spray with oil) and turn your pan side to side so the mixture can spread. Batter starts to turn a bit white, then you need to flip it. These take less than a minute to cook. Have a plate set aside so you can unload them when done and reload, You can cover with a cotton cloth to keep them warm.
Top with any syrup you want. I dont like maple syrup so I make my own lemon syrup.You can make a simple syrup out of these items.

1/2 cup of lemon juice
1/2 cup of sugar

Melt in a pan, let boil for a few minutes till the sugar is all melted. Can be put in fridge and used for a few weeks.
I pour this on, then sprinkle some powdered sugar on it. So yummy.
I paid $6.99 for these at a cute little Italian cafe in Portland. This recipe only cost around $1 to make. So cheap. To add a little extra fancy to it, just grate some lemon peel on it too.

No comments: