Friday, July 3, 2009

Homemade Goodness *Poor Girl Breakfast*

This recipe orginated from my grandmother and she made it for her kids growing up. My mother has been making this for my sister and I since I was little. When times were rough, my mother became very creative. Every little bit of food had to last and nothing went to waste. This is my all time favorite comfort food that I now make for my children. You can alter it however you fancy.

Poor Girl Breakfast

1-2 cups of left over rice (we use brown rice)
1-2 cups of milk (or make up your powdered milk with water)
1 tsp of sugar
1 shake of cinnamon
tid bit of butter

Take left over rice and put into a bowl with a tid bit of butter. Microwave for about 1 minute until very hot. Remember your adding cold milk and hot rice will turn the milk warm. Add 1 tsp of sugar and a shake of cinnamon. Mix well. Add milk till rice is covered. Enjoy!


No comments: