Saturday, July 4, 2009

Whose eating my strawberries?



Now I know my children are not eating the strawberries. Hmmm im pretty sure my cat doesnt like them either. Only thing I can come up with are birds. Birds will eat just about anything they can get their beaks on. I have seen people put reflective plastic type paper on theirs and that seems to work. They have actual red strawberries growing. I have yet to see any of mine growing in weeks. I needed to get creative, its way too hot to go drive and get party supply reflective ribbon. Also its kind of expensive. So out came the aluminum foil. I simply cut strips of the aluminum paper and wrapped them around a few plants. One thing I like about this is that you can recycle them when you are done. Plus my aluminum foil is recycled anyways. I put strips on all my berry plants. In my neighborhood there are tons of birds around so I need to cover all bases around my home.

No comments: