Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Little things I love


Once again I found an amazing mug at a local Goodwill. This time I paid $1.99. I believe whoever made this mug was still learning. You can see their marks all over it. They have an amazing eye for color and must have been testing out different dipping techniques. I love how the rustic naked clay on the bottom was left as is. Love love love it. It does have a signature but I cannot tell you what it says. I wish there was a year mark on it. Don't you just love the naked clay on the bottom?

1 comment:

Ria said...

Looks to my like it says "T Nelson", or something close to that, anyway. The "elson" part is clear, anyway.

That is a pretty cool find! I love browsing thrift stores for new and awesome things. Today I actually found a basket with a cover that's prefect for my knitting. The cover fastens securely, and has a hole through which to thread my working yarn so that things stay in place and don't get tangled or start rolling around the floor. Cost me only $2!