Wednesday, May 2, 2012

DIY Banana Carrot Muffins



Ive been making these muffins for many years now.  My kids love these for breakfast or just snacks. They are easy to pack in lunches as well.  I love them because they are healthy and very filling. Use what you have and can afford.

Banana Carrot Muffins

4 eggs
1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 cup white 1/2 cup brown sugar but use what you want)
1 cup of oil your choice (I use 1/2 cup peanut oil 1/2 cup olive oil)
4-5 banana's mashed (older the banana the better. More flavor!)
2 cups shredded carrot
Mix well in mixer

4 cups flour (I use unbleached organic)
4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Optional-nuts, flax seed, etc.
Mix into wet ingredients

Pour into muffin papers. You can spray the tin with olive oil if you wish to skip the papers.
Bake at 350 degree's for 30 minutes or golden brown.

Yields 2 dozen large muffins or 4 dozen small ones for people with little kids.

No comments: