Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dairy Free Diary

Well it's been a whole since I have updated you. I'm still avoiding dairy and coming up with alternatives like a pro. But I'm also finding rough spots along my journey.

The bad-I recently lost a beloved friend of mine. I was heart broken and grieving. I had a few bumps in the road that included a few ice cream cones and a slice of pizza. My stomach hated me. Gassy and stomach ache from hell. From now on I must resist the urge to go back to my old ways.

The good- I'm finding I don't miss the dairy. Cheese is heaven or so i thought. I do keep a tiny bit of shredded cheese in the fridge for my girls. Honestly they rarely use it.

Another good thing-I ran out of non dairy butter last night by using it in some oatmeal cookies. So this morning my usual toast wasn't so usual. Instead of butter I used coconut oil and then a thin layer of peanut butter. Oh my gosh was it heaven. And no it didn't taste like coconut.

Until next time....




No comments: