Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dirty little hands get a break

I have just been way to busy to even sit down anymore. I barely have time to even squeeze a shower in...yeah its that bad. If i'm not running errands, taking kids to and from soccer practice/games, walking/picking up kids from school, then i'm usually trying to get the house picked up and clean. Don't you hate when you clean and you sit down to admire your work and it still looks messy? Just one day I wish my house would stay clean for at least a few hours. Or wish my kids could actually get food in their mouths. Or keep their toys, shoe's, and backpacks in their rooms. Oh and if all our clothes could wash themselves then that would be awesome. Just sayin...

Since I didn't know what to write today I thought I would share with you some of my current favorite things.  All of which I bought myself and no one sent me or paid me to write about them. Just wanted to share with you the simple things that make me happy right now. 

While grocery shopping at Whole Foods I found these little pretties. We own a set of duplex's that I (lucky me..eehh) get to clean about 4 times a year. Yeah for me! I do not like the typical rubber gloves you find in stores because they smell so bad and my hands sweat in them. I also have a hard time finding any that fit me because my hands are so small. So when I found these I immediately had a smile on my face. 

"These gloves are made from Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified latex, i.e. the natural rubber is sourced from a responsibly managed plantation.  Furthermore, the rubber tappers, who cut the bark to get the raw material flowing, have received a fair trade premium and it is their decision how to spend their extra income. If You Care Household Gloves-good for nature, good for people."

Materials
Gloves:
FSC Certified latex from responsibly managed plantation
100% natural cotton lining
100% renewable resources

Cardboard box:
Cardboard from FSC-certified recycled paper
Processed Chlorine-free (PCF)
Biodegradable non-toxic inks and glues

Disposal of gloves:
Naturally biodegradable and so is the box but I recommend recycling it so it can be used again. 
Okay so whats not to love about that? I left the best part last. They only cost $2.99! Ive used them many times and they feel just as sturdy as the nasty rubber ones but they are WAY more comfortable. No more sweaty hands! Oh and they don't smell either. SWEET!


So sorry for the crappy picture. I was just too lazy to take a picture of mine at home. At least i'm honest. I usually use Seventh Generation liquid dish washing soap but found this on sale at Whole Foods and I also had a coupon. Me having coupons is rare so I had to try this out. 

-Cleans and degreases
-Fresh plant-based fragrance
-Contains green tea extract, known for its deodorizing properties
-Based on plant and mineral ingredients
-Fast and complete biodegradability
-Minimum impact on aquatic life
-Safe for septic tanks

Ingredients-Water, Anionic and non-ionic surfactants, Green tea extract, Citric Acid, Salt, Fragrance (Grapefruit), Biodegradable preservative. 

I love how this stuff cleans and I love the light smell of grapefruit. Its pretty much the same quality of Seventh Generation so if I ever run out of it and this stuff is on sale, its my choice. I prefer the Seventh Generation  over this because Ecover is a bit runnier. Seems to me like i'm getting a bit less because I have to use a bit more. This stuff retails for around $3.99. I was able to pick it up on sale/with coupon and get it for around $1. Keep an eye out for those sales and coupons! 

Last but not least Ive been enjoying chocolate.  Trader Joe's sells this 3 pack of chocolate for only $1.50. Milk chocolate, chocolate and dark chocolate. I prefer the dark chocolate and the fact that my kids don't like dark chocolate is an added bonus. Win win! I allow myself one 3 pack per month. When I need a little "me" time I simply just break off a piece and let it slowly dissolve in my mouth.  For some reason it just makes me feel better. :)

So there you go. My current favorites.  My race is on Sunday so after that I will have more time to myself and the blog. But until then......I suck. Just sayin...

No comments: