I found this yummy recipe online last night and it's definitely recipe box worthy. Since it's full of butter were probably going to only make these once a year and most likely around Christmas. One batch will be enough to last you a week even with little cookies monster's in your home. I used my spritz cookie press but you can easily just use the spoon drop method.
1 lb of room temperature butter
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used cinnamon oil)
1 pinch of salt
3 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
3. Mix in another bowl flour and cornstarch
4. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture.
5. Whip together at high speed until nice and fluffy.
6. Put cookies onto a cookie sheet and bake from 12-13 minutes.
7. Let cool for 2 minutes before taking off the cookie sheet.
8. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
You can easily pick up metal cookie tins in any thrift store for pretty cheap. Just fill it up with cookies and anyone would love this as a gift. The thing I love about using my cookie press is that it makes very small cookies and one batch will last you a long time. These can be made anytime of the year and would be pretty with some sprinkles on top. I let my cookies cook 1 minute longer till they are slightly golden brown on the edges. Add's a yummy taste to them. Have fun!