Sunday, January 22, 2012

Meat loaf dinner


Meat loaf dinner tonight!

Meat loaf

1lb natural ground beef
1 cup bread crumbs (homemade) or crushed crackers
Spices of your choice. I added everything I could.
1 egg Free range vegetarian fed

1/2 cup ketchup (homemade ketchup)


Mash everything but the ketchup together and put into a glass Pyrex pan.  I took the ketchup and poured it over the meat mixture making sure I covered the whole thing.  I then put it in a 375 degree oven and cooked for about 30 minutes or until you poke it with a fork and its hard and done.

Patti pan squash was from my garden last year. I simply cooked it on medium heat and added garlic salt.

$3.49 One pound of ground beef for meatloaf (used things I had on hand to blend with meatloaf)
$2.99 Fries from Whole Foods
.16 cents one egg

TOTAL=$6.64
Since I feed a family of 6 this is a little over one dollar per person to eat. Now that's a budget friendly meal!

No comments: