Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I'll take that challenge!

Last week we had to take our puppy to the vet and ended up paying a $400 vet bill. So this months budget was cut way back. Literally, I have about $100 for 4 weeks of food and what ever else comes up. First I was freaked out, worried, and had an upset stomach. So after a horrible nights sleep, I finally am able to rethink this whole thing. Instead of thinking of this as a horrible struggle were going to have to go through, I'm thinking of this as a challenge.

I'm going to try to do things for free with the kids. Go to the park, go on a walk, hang out with friends, do crafts at home,and things like that. We already have soccer practice twice a week and a game every week so that will keep us pretty busy. I'm going to walk up to the store every other day to check out the local clearance sections. Keep an eye out for seasonal produce to use as well. And any time I want to buy something I'm going to ask myself "Do I really need this?" So this is my plan. Check back to see if I make it, laugh with me while I struggle, and hopefully we will keep our head above the water. My goal is to not have to ask my husband for any money. He's the one who paid the actual vet bill and already has to pay most the big bills so I just want to ease his mind. We will see how this goes.

1 comment:

Amanda Becker said...

Love that your last sentence is "We will see how this goes"
well- I would have to say - "You nailed it woman!"