Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Dig for discounts. Before you guy a computer or other electronic items, visit http://www.techbargains.com/ and http://www.shopper.com/ for deals and coupon codes.
Buy not-so-new. Refurbished computers and ipods have the same warrenties and can save you a bundle. Check the "outlet" or "refurbished" sections on manufacturer's sites such as http://www.dell.com/ , http://www.hp.com/ and http://www.apple.com/
Use free software. Mocrosoft Office cost more than $100-but you can write documents, make spreadsheets, create presentations and more at no cost by using software from http://www.openoffice.org/ or by logging on to http://www.docs.google.com/
Protect your computer. Download free antivirus software from http://www.avg.com/ . For free anti-spyware protection, try http://www.safer-networking.org/ and http://www.lavasoft.com/ . For free internet firewall visit http://www.zonealarm.com/ .
Stay tuned tomarrow for Fly Cheaply
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Find the best price on cars. for your next nea or used car, compare local prices and get info on rebates and incentives at http://www.cars.com/ , http://www.edmunds.com/ and http://www.cartango.com/ which is geared toward women.
Get money back. Find teh best cash back fuel credit cards at http://www.pumpandsave.com/
Save on gas. Before you fill your tank, pinpoint which gas stations in and around your town offer the lowest prices by checking http://www.gasbuddy.com/ .
Join the carpool lane. http://www.erideshare.com/ , http://www.carpoolworld.com/ , and http://www.goloco.org/ can match you up with fellow comomuters.
cut your auto insurance cost. Compare rates and quotes at http://www.insurance.com/ to find the best deal for you.
Meet in the middle.Having lunch with friends accross town? Easily compute and equidistant meeting spot (and save on gas) by typing in all your local locations at http://www.happymedian.com/ .
Stay tuned in tomarrow for Compute for less
Monday, December 29, 2008
Get free numbers. Look up phone numbers online at http://www.theultimates.com/ which searches several sites at once.
Connect online. Replace or supplement your landline with internet phone services, also known as VolP.
Vonages basic residential plan, wich 500 minutes, is just $15
www.skype.com , comminucate with other users for free by sound or image.
http://www.magicjack.com/ recieve unlimited local and long distance calling starting at $40 a year.
Cut your cell bill.Use http://www.billshrink.com/ to analyze your cell phone usage and hunt for a cheaper plan.
Make money. Sell any cell phones your not using at http://www.cellforcash.com/
Stay tuned tomarrow for Drive away with a deal.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Find grocery deals.Enter your zipcode at http://www.groceryguide.com/ to find weekly specials and coupons at a supermarket near you.
Dine cheaply. Recieve discounts (a $25 gift certificate for only $10) at eateries in your neighborhood at http://www.restaurant.com/ .
Save on kids meals.Find local kits-eat-free deals at http://www.kidsmealdeals.com/ and http://www.allrecipes.com/ . Also check http://freebies4moms.blogspot.com/ for her freebies on food.. She has a list of all birthday freebies, kids eat free freebies, etc. Im on her blog everyday.
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Pay the lowest price.When you're in the market for specific product, use http://www.comparisonshop.com/ , it searches many comparison sites (including http://www.shopzilla.com/ and http://www.nextag.com/ ) at once. And don't forget http://www.ebay.com/ for used items still in great shape.
Get rebates. See if http://www.extrabux.com/ and http://www.ebates.com/ list the merchant you're about to buy from. If they do, make your purchase through those sites and recieve rebates for up to 30%.
Go local. http://www.yokel.com/ and http://www.shoplocal.com/ let you evaluate prices at many brick-and-mortar stores in your area.
Use coupons and codes . Before you click "buy," search for relevant coupons at http://www.couponcabin.com/ and promotional codes at http://www.retailmenot.com/ . You can usually save on your 1st purchase, or even get free items.
Recieve price-drop alertsScan the list of retailers at http://www.priceprotecr.com/ . If you buy from any of them, this site will allert you if the price comes down and tell you how to get the differance back.
Put gift cards to use. Buy, sell or exchance merchant gift cards at http://www.swapagift.com/
Stay tuned. Tomarrow is Eat on a budget.
Free Subscription to Family Fun Magazine 2 yr
Free Subscription to Forbes Magazine
Free Subscription to Traditional Home Magazine
Free Pre-Moistened Lens Cleaning Tissue Sample Offer
Thats if for today. Not a whole lot going on.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Know Bank Secrets
Earn a higher interest rate on savings.Move from your local bank to an online savings bank like ING Direct (http://www.ingdirect.com/ ). You can compare rates at http://www.bankrate.com/
Check your creditGet a free (no strings attached) credit report from each of the three main bureaus at http://www.annualcreditreport.com/ .
Pad college nest eggs.Earn rewards to pay for school by registering credit cards, drugstore cards and more at http://www.upromise.com/ . Enrolling for an account cost you nothing.
Keep tabs on your finances.At http://www.mint.com/ you can easily track and manage your spending, savings, and budgeting for free.
Stay tuned. Tomarrow is SHOP FOR BARGAINS.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
White Rice....1 year
Canned Goods... 1 year
Bottle salad Dressing....1 year
Jams, jellies, honey, syrup.....1 year
Peanut Butter....6 months
Bread...........up to 1 year
Ground Meat.......3-4 mos
Beef Steaks.........6-12 mos
Whole Poultry.....1 year
Lunch Meat........1-2 months
Fresh Veggies.....up to 1 yr
Fresh Fruit........up to 1 year
Keep this in mind when stocking your kitchen. Take advantage of after Christmas sales on seasonal food. Whole chickens and turkeys are super cheap right now. Cranberry sauce, gravies, potatoes, etc. All are super cheap right now. So stock up, stash away, freeze, do whatever you can. The less you pay now, the more money you will save later.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Board Games-Once I knew it was going to snow us in, I pulled out every board game I could find. Not only is this free, but it brought us closer together as a family.
Craft time-I worked for a craft store for 10 years so I have plenty of craft stuff around my home still to use up. We made ornaments, christmas pictures, and even beaded gifts.
Cleaning-Yep, we did some good old cleaning. Finally cleaned and organized our twins room. Took us about 2 hours to do and we did this as a family. Also got caught up on laundry and the dishes. Take advantage while you can.
Movie time-James Bond marathon this weekend so I dvred them. Plus I also had dvred old christmas tv specials from the last few weeks so the kids loved watching those. I usually will pop some popcorn and the kids will get their blankets and pillows to lay down and watch the movie.
Take a walk-we did this the day after the first day of snow. The snow was only about 6 inches deep at this point so it was easy to walk. Really did get some good pictures too from this walk. Now if I could get them to stop eating snow, that would of made it more fun. lol.
Reading-1 hour a day the kids will go upstairs in their rooms and read a good book. Gives us parents alone time and the kids get some good reads in.
Baking time-Made homemade biscuits with gravy last night for dinner. Since I had all the time in the world to try it, went ahead and tried them last night. Was a big hit! So try some new recipe's out.
Listen to music-Our power never went out so we just would listen to christmas music channel on our tv. Was nice. I try to listen to christmas music to set the mood. Maybe when my girls get older, they will hear the music and remind them of all the good times we had as a family.
Computer time-my girls would take turns playing games on the computer, I would blog it on, and my husband would tinker around too. This took up some time.
Family time-Priceless. You just cant put a price on family time. But you sure can say its frugal. lol
Hopefully ive given you a few things to do when you cant leave the house. My husband was able to get out of the house and buy some milk and toilet paper. Definatly couldnt go on without those. lol
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Hearts & Minds peanut butter with olive oil and omega-3 (EPA/DHA) has consistently outperformed every brand of natural, old-fashioned style peanut butter we have pitted it against. Complete your details and receive a FREE sample of Hearts & Minds peanut butter.Click here for Hearts & Minds Peanut Butter
1st 45,000 Get 2 FREE Vaseline Clinical Therapy Lotion Samples
Enter the Alaskan Sweeps and be one of the 1st 45,000 to register and receive 2 FREE Vaseline Clinical Therapy Lotion samples! Click 'Alaskan Sweeps & Rules' at the top of the page and then send an e-card to be entered to win and receive your FREE samples.Click here for Vaseline Clinical Therapy Lotion
Register for a FREE Sample of Super Blue Stuff Pain Relief
Super Blue Stuff OTC provides fast pain relief for arthritis, myalgia, back, neck, shoulder and knee pain. Super Blue Stuff OTC uses Emu Oil, MSM, Glucosamine, and menthol. Fill in the form for your FREE sample. Click here for Super Blue Stuff
Saturday, December 20, 2008
More Magazine is the women's magazine that celebrates your intelligence, warmth, wit and style! The passions and pleasures, changes and concerns of grown-up women - like you! More is edited for the smart, sophisticated, mature woman, addressing the concerns of her life today with articles on health, style, money, family, home, travel, love, sex, entertainment and much more. Complete the form for a FREE 10 issues, 1 year, of More Magazine.Click here for More Magazine
Free Bare Naked Granola sample+coupon
Bear Naked Granola
Keep these in your purse or car for just in case
still only a few, hopefully it picks up after christmas
Stetson Rich Suede cologne
Friday, December 19, 2008
Blue Spring is a comprehensive health and wellness company that provides a balanced health and wellness approach truly helps their customers "rejuvenate, replenish, refresh and revive. Complete your information to receive FREE natural Pain relief samples from Blue Spring. Please allow 10-14 business days for deliveryClick here for Blue Spring
Request a FREE Sample of Unisex Fragrance Million Bucks
Million Bucks is made of pineapple, papaya, jasmine, amber, green tea, accompanied by a fruity-floral fragrance that lasts for hours!Complete the form provided to get a FREE sample of the unisex fragrance Million Bucks. Be sure to include your shipping details in the form.Click here for Million Bucks
FREE Sample - Optimum Care Dandruff Solutions Haircare Treatment
Optimum Care Dandruff Solutions is the perfect combination of nourishment and moisturization to keep your hair and scalp flake-free. Sign up for a FREE sample of Optimum Care Dandruff Solutions Haircare!Click here for Optimum Care Dandruff Solutions Haircare
Another slow day for freebies. Sorry!
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Betty Crocker Coupon Booklet: couplet booklet with $10 in coupon savings.
Club Wild Coupon Book:Join with them and get a cool coupon book with six $5-off coupons for Eukanuba pet food products.
Del Monte Coupon Book: Sign up for their newsletter and get $35 in coupons and two free issues of Cooking Light magazine. Not bad huh?
Home Made Simple Coupon Booklet: Sign up and get $27 in savings with home care products.
P&G Everyday Solutions Coupon Book: This one is cool
Pillsbury Coupon Booklet: Get $10+ in coupons. Great for those who dont know how to bake.
www.seventhgeneration.com has a newsletter you can sign up with as well. They often send great coupons in the mail plus you can print some out right away on their site.
www.huggies.com is the best diaper coupon site. They sent me so many coupons and were a better savings than pampers usually. Sign up one per email. I did this with my husbands email and mine. I had twins so I needed it despiratly!
So I hope ive inspired you to check out any company that you love. Look for their website and sign up for their newsletter. Most come with coupons, and give wonderful advise.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
$25 Restaurant.com Gift Certificate for $1.40
From now until December 22nd, you can get a $25 gift certificate from Restaurant.com for just $1.40.Here's how to do it.
1. Register with Cashbaq . (Cashbaq offers coupons for various online retailers, and they also offer either a percentage of money back or a certain dollar amount of money back when you make online purchases through their site) You will get $5 just for sigining up with them.
2. At the top right corner of the Cashbaq site you will see an advertisement for Restaurant.com.
3. Click "Buy Now". You will be redirected to the Restaurant.com website.
4. Select the restaurant for which you would like to purchase a $25 gift certificate and add it to your cart. Your subtotal will show up as $10.00.
5. add the word SANTA to the discount code box. That will deduct 80%, and your total will now be $2.00.
6. Fill in all remaining information necessary to check out.
7. After the purchase has been made, you will receive 30% of what you spent at Restaurant.com in your Cashbaq account ($.60).Some giftcards on the Restaurant.com site have a minimum purchase requirement, so do make sure you are aware of that fact. But this is still a great way to eat out with your family and have fun. Or you could always use the gift cards as Christmas gifts too.
Free Antiques Magazine 1 yr subscribtion here
This one is such a great magazine. I use the photo's of paintings in this magazine to put in $1 frames to decorate my home. I just love oil paintings but could never afford them. I use thrift store frames and spray paint them to the color of choice. I replaced all our family photo's with oil paintings from this magazine. Trying to sell our house so this makes it perfect. Buyers can imagine themselves living in my home and not be reminded of who we are. Great tip!
Free Amazon MP3 player song here
Walmart has t shirts for as low as $2 for men. Click here to check them out. Priced low to high. Pay only 95 cents to ship them or free if you have them sent to a Walmart store. Some good christmas shirts and even just plain shirts. Great deals. Even if not for a christmas gift , stock up now for later gifts or just use them for everyday.
Pampers Points 11 free pts
WEAPPRECIATEU08 - 10 points
WELCOME2GTG0809 - 1 pt.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Take 25% Off Any One Item At Barnes & Noble When You Use Coupon Code: P7P7Y9N
plus spend $25 and get FREE shipping.
*Perfect Christmas Gift ~ 2009 Entertainment Book ~ Order Today and Get $10 Off & Free Shipping! Using 1 coupon pays for this whole book. Worth every penny for this one! Plus if you get this book through inbox dollars, you get it for only $2. Yahoo~
*Get 75 Free 4x6 prints when you join the Kodak Gallery I did this and paid only $3 for shipping. $3 for prints is a good deal!
Lancaster 365 Cellular Elixir is the first serum to support DNA protection and dermal renewal for younger-looking skin and a radiant complexion! 365 Cellular Elixir is the first essential step in rejuvenating your skin’s appearance at the cellular level.Complete the form provided to receive a FREE sample of Lancaster 365 Cellular Elixir. Please allow 3-5 weeks for delivery.Click here for Lancaster 365 Cellular Elixir
Sign Up for 12 FREE Issues of Transworld Motocross
Targets the mainstream Motocross enthusiast. Progressive art direction, spectacular photography, all 4-color editorial. Every issue includes a FREE poster! Sign up here for a FREE 12 issue, 1 year, subscription to Transworld Motocross Click here for Transworld Motocross
14 free Pampers Points
WEAPPRECIATEU08 -10 pts
WELCOME2GTG0809 -1 pt
Free MP3 player music off Amazon here.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Receive a 4 Piece FREE Mary Kay Miracle Set
The Mary Kay Miracle Set is a premium collection of anti-aging products developed using the latest in skincare science. Your kit will include a Time Wise 3 in 1 cleanser, age fighting moisturizer, sunscreen, and night cream. Complete your details for your FREE Mary Kay Miracle Set.Click here for Mary Kay Miracle Set
Enter a Contest and Get a FREE Kotex Sample Pack
Sample request box is on contest entry page! Enter your email address and then complete your details on the following page to enter the contest. Please be sure to check the box under your information to get your FREE Kotex Sample pack! Your FREE Kotex Sample Pack will include a Kotex Ultra Thin Pad with Wings, Kotex Lightdays Pantiliner (individually wrapped), and two Kotex Security Tampons.Click here for Kotex Sample Pack
Get your free holiday MP3 for today here from Amazon.
Really not much going on right now. Super slow...............
1. Eggs-Each egg has 6 grams of protein and only 72 calories.
2.Tomato Sauce-Its loaded with lycopene (makes your skin look younger). Harvard did a study that found women with the most lycopene in their blood reduced their risk of a heart attack by 34%.
3. Dried Plums (prunes)-packed with polyphenols , plant chemicals that have been shown to boost bone density by stimulating your bone building cells.
4. Walnuts-14 walnut halves provide more than twice your daily dose of alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fat thats been shown to improve memory and coordination.
5. Brussels Sprouts-they have more glucosinolates (compounds that combat cancer & detoxify your body) than any other vegetable. Super yummy with a small bit of olive oil and garlic.
6. Acia Juice- A glass or two of this anthocyanin-rich berry juice can boost the amount of antioxidants in your blood.
7. Apples-They have quercetin, an antioxidant that may reduce your risk of lung cancer.
8. Bok Choy-Calcium rich veggie can protect your bones and even ward off PMS symptoms.
9. Steel-cut-oats-They're less processed than traditional oats, they're digested more slowly keeping you full all morning long.
10. Salmon-You will get omega-3's you need for 1 day just in 3 oz of it.
11. Avocados-Healthy fat keeps you satisfied and helps you absorb other nutrients.
12. Spinach-1 half cup provides more than five times your daily dose of vitamin K, which helps blood clot and builds stronger bones.
13. Canned Pumpkin-Its filled with natural cancer fighters alpha-and beta carotene.
14. Cauliflower-Packed with cancer fighting glucosinolates.
15. Scallops-1 3 oz serving has 14 grams of protein but just 75 calories.
16. Collard Greens-Lots of vitamin A, zeaxanthin and lutein, and these keep your eyes healthy.
17. Olives-7 calories per jumbo olive. Plus healthy oil
18. Brown Rice-Top source of magnesium, a mineral your body use's for more than 300 chemical reactions (such as building bones and converting food to energy).
19. Oysters-3 oz serving of this (6 oysters) gives you a quarter of your bodies daily iron, plus nealy twice the zinc and all the selenium you need.
20. Edamame-One cup has 22 grams of plant protein, as well as lots of fiber, folate and cholestrol-lowering phytosterols.
21. Strawberries-Loaded with ellagitannins, phytochemicals that may hault growth of cervical or colon cancers.
22. Lentils-Great source of meat free protein. Half a cup of cooked lentils gives your body nearly half folate, a B vitamin that protects a womans unborn baby from neural tube defects.
23. Bran Flakes- Keeps your heart in good shape by reducing inflammation and melting away belly fat.
24. Kiwi- Researchers found that it reduces asthma-related wheezing, thanks to a high vitamin C content. One kiwi has 110% of your daily requirements.
25. Black Beans-Loaded with protein, fiber and flavonoids-antioxidants that help your arteries stay relaxed and pliable.
26. Sunflower Seeds-1 quarter cup delivers half your days vitamin E, which keeps your heart healthy and fighting infections.
27. Sardines-3 oz provide more than 100% of your vitamin D. Also a top source of omega-3 fats.
28. Asparagus-1 half cup of this supplies 50% of your daily bone building vitamin K and a third of your days folate. It banishes bloating too.
29. Banana's-Loaded with several kinds of good for you fiber, including resistant starch which helps you slim down.
30. Broccoli Sprouts-They have 10x more of the cancer preventing compound glucoraphanin than regular brocoli.
31. Fat-free milk- With a third of the calcium and half the vitamin D you need in a day, plus 8 grams of muscle-building protein. Its the ultimate energy drink.
32. Baked Potatoes-Each one packs a megadose of blood pressure lowering potassium even more than a banana.
33. Sweet Potatoes-Half of a large baked sweet potato delivers more than 450% of your daily dose of vitamin A, which protects your vision and your immune system.
34. Flaxseed-Loaded with plant omega 3's, it also has lignans(compounds that prevent endometrial and ovarian cancer) than any other food. Store flax in your fridge and sprinkle on yogurt, cold cereal or oatmeal.
35. Greek Yogurt-twice the regular protein of regular yogurt.
36. Dried Tart Cherries-Researchers have found that their potent anthocyanins help control blood sugar, reduce insulin and lower cholestrol.
37. Wheat Germ-A quarter cup of this gives you more than 40% of your daily vitamin E and immune boosting selenium.
38. Whole Wheat English Muffins-you get 4 1/2 grams of fober for only 134 calories.
39. Tea-Both green and black tea prevent hardening of the arteries, according to researchers.
40. Peanut Butter-This has arginine, an amino acid that helps keep blood vessels healthy.
41. Blackberries-Boast more antioxidants than strawberries, cranberries or blueberries.
42. Mustard Greens-Top source of vitamin K.
43. Grapes- leading source of resveratrol, then plant chemical responsible for the heart healthy benefits of red wine.
44. Soy Milk-Good source of vegetable protein, calcium enriched soy milk has as much calcium and vitamin D in cows milk.
45. Brazil Nuts- They have more selenium than any other food. One nut delivers your entire days worth.
46. Canola Oil- 1 tbsp of this oil has all the alpha linolenic acid you need in a day plus two differant forms of vitamin E.
47. Blueberries-They improve memory by protecting your brain from inflammation and boosting communication between brain cells.
48. Oranges-One orange supplies more than 100% of the vitamin C you need in 1 day. Good source of calcium and folate.
49. Watercress-Just 4 calories per cup, this cruciferous veggie delivers a heft dose of vitamin K, zeaxanthin, lutein, beta-carotene and cancer fighting phytochemicals.
50. Turkey Breast-20 grams of protein but has 90 calories per 3 oz serving. Yummy!
51. Barley- A top source of beta-glucan, a fiber that lowers cholestrol and helps control blood sugar.
52. Shitake Mushrooms-One serving (about 1/4 lb) procides as much vitamin D as you would get from 1 glass of milk.
Now here's your challenge. I know there is a few of these you say you dont like. Well its time to try them again. There are too many healthy reasons to not eat them. So get over it and eat them up! Try a new one each week or maybe each paycheck. Try ways to hide them into food. Like parents hide spinach in brownies. There's an idea!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Happybaby is dedicated to the proposition that a healthy baby is a happy baby. Every baby is born pure, perfect and full of potential. Your precious one merits the best care possible. During those first months when baby is growing in leaps and bounds, they want to help you ensure that you are feeding your child the very best. Print this coupon for one FREE box of Happybites healthy organic toddler meals. Expires 12/21/08.Click here for Happybites
Urban Outfitters is offering 21 music downloads here so get them before they are gone!
Not much today, bummer!
Holiday Hot Cocoa Gift Bag
Clear bags with ties, cocoa powder (I made my own), Marshmellows, and a candy cane. This can be super budget friendly. This is what I used. I put my homemade cocoa powder in a clear bag with tie. These are usually $1 or less because they arent ziplock type. In a seperate one, put the marshmellows. They will dry out if you combine the two. Then I bought large clear bags with ties for $1.32 and marshmellows for $1 from Walmart. Put the two with a candy cane ($1 store) and tied it all together. My daughter made tags from contruction paper we already had and ribbon from our art chest. Wrote on each bag "Add 1 cup of hot water and enjoy!". Super easy and cheap recipe.
You can just buy single serving cocoa in a box for $1 at Walmart and put that in with marshmellows if you like. I made my own version with the directions off the baking cocoa box, and powdered milk. This way all people have to do is add water. I could leave out the powdered milk but its cheaper for them my way.
Each child in our family will get these two items and another gift im in the works with. I will post it tomarrow. Felted ornaments made from sweaters. Its another recycle gift.
Each year, an estimated 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags are consumed worldwide. That comes out to over one million per minute. Billions end up as litter each year.
According to the EPA, over 380 billion plastic bags, sacks and wraps are consumed in the U.S. each year.
According to The Wall Street Journal, the U.S. goes through 100 billion plastic shopping bags annually. (Estimated cost to retailers is $4 billion)
According to the industry publication Modern Plastics, Taiwan consumes 20 billion bags a year - 900 per person.
According to Australia's Department of Environment, Australians consume 6.9 billion plastic bags each year - 326 per person. An estimated 0.7% or 49,600,000 end up as litter each year.
Hundreds of thousands of sea turtles, whales and other marine mammals die every year from eating discarded plastic bags mistaken for food.
Plastic bags don't biodegrade, they photodegrade - breaking down into smaller and smaller toxic bits contaminating soil and waterways and entering the food web when animals accidentally ingest.
As part of Clean Up Australia Day, in one day nearly 500,000 plastic bags were collected.
Windblown plastic bags are so prevalent in Africa that a cottage industry has sprung up harvesting bags and using them to weave hats, and even bags. According to the BBC, one group harvests 30,000 per month.
According to David Barnes, a marine scientist with the British Antarctic Survey, plastic bags have gone "from being rare in the late 80s and early 90s to being almost everywhere from Spitsbergen 78 degrees North [latitude] to Falklands 51 degrees South [latitude]."
Plastic bags are among the 12 items of debris most often found in coastal cleanups, according to the nonprofit Center for Marine Conservation.
In 2001, Ireland consumed 1.2 billion plastic bags, or 316 per person. An extremely successful plastic bag consumption tax, or PlasTax, introduced in 2002 reduced consumption by 90%.
Approximately 18,000,000 liters of oil have been saved due to this reduced production. Governments around the world are considering implementing similar measures.
July 2003, ReusableBags.com goes live, advancing the mainstream adoption of reusable shopping bags.
Each high quality reusable shopping bag you use has the potential to eliminate hundreds, if not thousands, of plastic bags over its lifetime.
My challenge to you-Next time they bag your groceries, if you can physically carry the items, do it. They rarely ever ask the question "Paper or plastic?" any more. Sometimes they grumble, and sometimes they even give you a look. But its your stuff and you can have it your way. No plastic or paper bag. Obviously if you have too much to carry, you will need to have a bag. So try to invest $1 in a fabric bag or just use one that you already have. Extra back pack? Book bag? Im sure you have something. Budget friendly and free! I dont advise getting a bag from name brand stores with their name all over it. They arent good quality usually and its free advirtisment for them. I only advirtise things im passionate about. So use what you have! Try this for a week and watch your plastic/paper bag count go down.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Top tips to reduce plastic (and paper) bag consumption
1. Start using reusable shopping bags. Find the right styles and designs to suit your taste and lifestyle. Take a look at our store for ideas. Or you can just use a lunch bag of your choice.
2. Refuse a bag. Cashiers are programmed to keep the line moving and don't always stop to think or bother to ask if you need a bag. If you don't need one, don't take a one. Just carry them out or use a reusable bag.
3. Reuse plastic bags you have accumulated as garbage liners. We use these in our bathrooms along with a paper bag in each for recyclables.
4. Start using Ultra Compact bags. We love these since people tend to forget their bags when they go shopping- Ultra Compact bags are small enough to stash in your purse, jacket, backpack, car, etc. so one is always handy.
5. Get stores to offer cash credits if you bring in your own bags. Winco is a good one!
6. Open your eyes to how many bags you consume: keep count. For instance, if you have a giant plastic bag holding plastic bags in your closet, take 5 minutes and count how many you have. (Ours had 323 and drove someone to start the reusable bags company!) OR, count how many plastic and paper bags you go through in a week.
7. Spread the word to wake up others. Make a statement with our Plastic Bags Blow™ bumper stickers, t-shirts, hats, etc. Open peoples eyes to this massive plastic bag problem.
8. Cut down on plastic produce bags by bringing your own reusable produce bags.
9. Create a safe, eco-friendly lunch kit with our wide range of smart reusable lunch bags, bottles, food containers, sandwich / snack bags, & utensils. I use vintage Tupperware ive found from thrift stores. Saved them from a landfill and I never have to use ziplock bags again.
Friday, December 12, 2008
1. Turn off standby on appliances or even better uplug them
2. Fill your kettle only with as much water as you need
3. Wash clothes/dishes on a full load, and use the economy programme when you can
4. Wash clothes at 30C, and use a short wash where possible
5. Turn off lights when you leave a room or dont turn them on during the day.
6. Dry your clothes on hangers and reduce the time and energy you spend ironing . Or hang dry polyester items or lightweight items.
7. Use a washing line, not an electric drier. Use a colapsable.
8. Plan your ironing sessions so that the clothes that need a lower temperature are done first - then you don’t have to keep heating and re-heating the iron
9. Turn off the dishwasher before it has completed its drying cycle – the dishes will dry in the heat inside or turn off heat choice.
10. Don’t leave appliances such as mobiles on charge once the battery is full
11. Defrost your fridge regularly to keep it running efficiently
12. Clean the back of fridges regularly to keep them running efficiently, and also check door seals are working properly
13. Keep your room thermostat no more than 21C and your water no more than 60C
14. Programme your heating to come on half an hour later or go off half an hour earlier. Better yet, turn off when your not home.
15. Keep your windowsills clear to maximise natural light but close your curtains at dusk to keep the heat in
16. Cut vegetables into small pieces so they will cook faster
17. Take bulky food out of the fridge an hour before cooking so it can reach room temperature first
18. Cook with pan lids on
19. Boil cooking water in a kettle first
20. Use glass or ceramic dishes rather than metal as they shorten cooking time
21. Match your pot sizes to your hob rings, and keep the flame under the pan rather than going up its sides
22. Keep the oven door window clean so you don’t need to open the door, letting heat escape when checking on food. Better yet when your done using your oven, turn it off and leave open a tid bit to let the heat into the room.
23. Batch cook and freeze so you only have to reheat food rather than cooking a whole meal again
24. Use a toaster rather than a grill to make toast
25. Keep your fridge and freezer full to maximise their efficiency
26. Let chilled food come to room temperature before putting in the oven to cut cooking time
27. Find out from your local council exactly what can and can’t be recycled locally
28. Compost leftover fruit and vegetable peelings. Use plastic trash bin, drill holes in it everywhere, and keep a lid on it. Bugs can get in, it can compost and you can keep it out of site.
29. Take reusable bags to the shops. try www.reusablebags.com for super cheap bags. or use what you have around the house. library book bag or even a back pack.
30. Make a meal plan to reduce food waste
31. Donate old clothes, books, CDs, DVDs and household linen to charity
32. Reuse aluminium foil for sandwiches etc. Better yet stop using it all together.
33. Check use-by and sell-by dates of food to avoid waste
34. Make a shopping list so you don’t over-buy
35. If you’re preparing a packed lunch take reusable containers for sandwiches
36. Take a (non-power) shower, not a bath, to save both water and energy
37. Invest in a water butt to make the most of free rainwater
38. Turn off taps while you’re brushing your teeth to save water
39. Fill an old plastic milk or fizzy drink bottle with water and place in your toilet cistern – the heavy weight displaces the water meaning you’ll use far less each time you flush
40. Use warm-up water for washing, watering plants or cleaning
41. Wash your car with a bucket and sponge rather than a hose
42. Cut back on water use by filling a large jug with water and keeping it in the fridge so you have chilled water all day instead of allowing the tap to run each time
43. Use leftover boiling water in the kettle to sluice out sinks, rather than bleach, or keep it for next time in a thermos flask
44. If you wash up by hand, use a bowl rather than leave the tap running, and rinse in a batch at the end
45. Stuff old tights with rags to use as draught excluders
46. Don’t throw away old T-shirts etc - use them as cleaning cloths instead
47. Use nylon mesh packaging eg from satsumas as plastic scouring pads
48. Use cardboard egg cartons to make seed starter trays
49. Reuse yoghurt pots, shoe boxes and other packaging as pen/peg holders, food containers etc
50. Reuse old newspaper to clean your windows for some extra sparkle
Click and print a coupon
Sara Jessica Parker Perfume Sample
Request a FREE Sample of Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker
Sarah Jessica Parker has created sophisticated fragrances for women of all ages. Capturing the style and sensibility of the actress and fashion icon, these fragrances are chic and ultra-feminine. Impulsive, irresistible, indulgent. Covet is an ultra-feminine blend of precious fragrance notes that seduces the sense. Fill in your details and answer a few question for your FREE sample of Covet. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.Click here for Covet
Great for in your purse. Little sprucing up in 5 seconds.
Not a huge amount of stuff today.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Thanks to Womans Magazine!
1. Shop alone-OMG really did you need to put this on the list? As a mom, this is a big tip. How many times did you find things in your cart that you didnt put in? Or realized after you drove home that you were over charged but didnt notice because you were tired of yelling at the kids to stop fighting? Uhh huhhh. Need I go on? Trade babysitting days with a friend so both you can go shopping without the kids. Save yourself a bundle this way.
2.Buy only what you need-Duh. This will save you a ton. Instead of getting things because they sound good, get them because you need them. Think "Do I really need that icecream that is $5?" 95% of the time the answer is NO!
3. Supersize-You usually get the best price on meats when you buy the larger cuts of meat. You can have them cut it for you and pay the same price for not cut meat. You can repackage it and freeze it for later use. I 100% of the time do this. I buy packages of chicken legs for .99 cents per lb, split them up and refreeze them. Same with any other meat.
4.DIY and save-another DUH! Of course if you do it yourself, its gonna be cheaper. My kids just love those small packages of crackers with cheese or peanut butter in them. I buy regular saltines ($1.25 box) and just throw some peanut butter between them. Done. I paid pennies vs the $1.50 for 6 small packs of 6. I DIY everything. No boxed meals, no prepared meals, no easy too cook just add water anything. My kids now prefer me cooking this way. They get stomach aches from any prepared anything. Too much sodium.
5.Dont over purchase-this is a big thing for me. I refuse to pay certian prices for things. I wont buy it unless it stays within my price range. We will just adjust and move on. Produce, refuse to pay more than $1 per lb. Meat no more than $1 per lb. When it goes on sale, I stock up. I make a plan to spend only a certian amount on anything. I shop enough to know whats a good deal and whats not. Some limit how much they can spend on a total grocery trip. This I dont advise. You want to take off one package of meat because you went over by $5? Not advised. Just stay within your spending limits on each item and you will be fine. Plus you will still get everything you need.
6.Say "So long to snack packs!"-These are just smaller less expensive packs but if you add up how many small packs are usually in 1 box and compare, your spending more $. Plus usually these items are not healthy. No snack packs in our house unless they are freebies I recieved in the mail. We save those for long trips to events or family outings.
7. Weigh your choices-When you see oranges $1 per pound, then you see 4 lb oranges in a bag for $1.98. HHmmm which do you choose. Of course the bag. Your paying only 50 cents per lb instead of $1. Do your math. You cant always judge a orange by picking up each and every one and choosing them. The bag has done all this work for you. Do the math!
8. Go generic-Why buy Ritz Crackers for $3.50 a box when I can get Winco brand ritz type crackers that taste the same for only $1.35? Duh! There is no differance between these crackers. They are just price differances. Do yourself a favor and get generic brands. The only reason I will ever buy name brand is if I have a coupon or the item is on sale for cheaper. This doesnt happen often so dont get your hopes up.
9. Compare cost per lb or per unit-Those places like Costco and Sams Club are not always deals. I found that buying diapers with coupons, sales, etc were so much cheaper than getting a big box from these places. Sometimes I get them for free. So remember if you get coupons from these brands, certian stores have them for cheaper, etc. Places like Winco have info on their tags. they tell you how much per ounce each item is so you know which is the best deal.
10.Make friends with the butcher-Ask your local butcher what days and times they do their markdowns. My local Safeway and Fred Meyers do theirs about every other day right after opening. So I hit them up around 10am. Not too early and not too late. Never hurts to ask.
11.Check out the chicks-A precooked roaster chicken is just a chicken they cooked and marked at a higher price. Dont pay more for a differant label, just buy the whole uncooked chicken and cook it. Much cheaper and you can control the sodium, and how much spices go into it. Plus you will have cash left over in your pocket.
12.Think ahead-If your family never finishes a bowl of noodle casserole, then take 1/3 out that you know they wont eat and freeze it before you even bring it to the table. Use it for a lunch later. Same goes for any other meal. 1 whole chicken will be 1 dinner plus 3 lunches for my husband. Plus the bones will be turned into broth. My $4 investment has now turned into many many other things.
13. Invest in a second freezer. I dont need this because my fridge has a huge freezer. Plus im so forgetful that I would forget what ive put in there. But for those who are really organized and have a good memory, this is a must. You can stock pile up on stuff like meat, vegies, and specials. Try to get a Energy Star one so you can save on energy as well. Right now this economy is trying to recover so there are tons of specials., rebates, etc. Take advantage!
14. Shop with left overs in mind-Like whole chickens stated in #12. Or left over turkey. Rethink these items. I save left over dark meat chicken for soups. Much more moist and yummier! Rethink your left overs.
15.Learn when to leave left overs behind-Fish.....no way! Just doesnt work. Dressed salad just isnt the same 2nd time around. Make what you need with these items.
16.Count on discount and clearance stores-Grocery Outlet is fabulas store that sells items that are overstock, froze at sell date, testing products, smashed packaging, etc. I LOVE this store. So I usually will hit this store up before I go to my major shopping. Everything is always cheaper there.
17. Visit price clubs with a friend.-Maybe you dont need that much cheese but its a super deal. Split it with a friend. My mom and I used to get buy 1 get 1 free large packages of meat. We would split the price and each would take a package of meat. Super savings this way.
18.Buy a Sunday or Wednesday paper-this is a must for those who have alot of stores to choose from. I have 2 stores so this doesnt apply to me. I get alot of coupons from my blog freebies post and other blogs. Usually samples come with coupons that are better than the papers plus the expiration date is a year away unlike the papers. Your choice on this one.
19. cut corners on clipping coupons-As stated above this one is by choice. Online coupons are sometimes good besides regular coupons. Keep on top of the blogs or freebie sites. They will post deals that last 1 day only or up to a week. My christmas cards (60 for $3.49 shipped) or build a bear (this week ) 2 for $19 shipped. Keep tabs on these things.
20. Stock up on local seasonal produce-I buy only seasonal produce. Right now pumpkins,etc are on sale. I buy that and freeze them. Use them for later. I do this all year and manage to get my produce for an average of 50 cents per pound. Which is a good deal. So alter your meals around this tip alone and save hundreds each year. Plus how much fun is it to cook differantly every time? My kids can look foward to certian things on each season.
Faith Hill O’ Holy Night MP3 song download here
Free Brad Paisley Jingle Bells MP3 download here
Free Colgate Total Advanced Whitening Toothpaste sample here
Get your free holiday MP3 for today here from Amazon.
Thanks dealiciousmom! Check her blog out below
A whole lot of nothing going on today, bummer.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
She loves coffee, old things, unique things, and loves when I put together baskets for her. Here is what ive come up with this year.
2 handmade vintage stonewear coffee mugs. Deffinatly from the 60's or 70's. So retro and cool!
Paid 25 cents each
1lb Starbucks coffee.
FREE! Used a gift card that I won at a company christmas party.
1 eco friendly bag for fruit
Organic cotton mesh bag bought on www.reusablebags.com for only $3.49. Using this to wrap her gift in.
Whole Wheat Flax Seed Organic Pancake Mix
cost maybe 25 cents to make. I put together this in a small vintage tupperware container I found for 25 cents. Making directions on a handmade tag. Will come with a wooden spoon.
1 small BEE MOVIE bottle of honey (use in pancake mix)
Handmade cookies etc.
Free from my pantry
I christmas card I made on www.kodakgallery.com . Cost me pennies. This expired already but I paid $3.49 for 60 cards sent to my house. Each card has a picture of my dog, and the words peace, love, 2009. Super cute!
So you see, you can put alot of heart into a gift without spending at on. I think ive paid around $4.75 give or take some. Has tons of personalized details and its all meant for her only.
Every gift this year is eco friendly. Bought used, or its super earth friendly. Plus homemade mix's that are organic and healthy. You would be amazed how many things you can find in a thrift store. Plus you had put thought into finding these things for each person so they will love that idea. I would rather take something from these places so they dont end up in the landfill. I also encourage people to shop eco friendly sites. The cheapest eco friendly site ive found around is www.reusablebags.com and their shipping is only $4.95 no matter much you spend or how many items you buy. Has everything from shirts, lunch bags, fruit bags, containers, water bottles, etc. Lots of bags to choose from. Regular bags, unisex, and even artist bags. You can use these bags as gift wrap too!
Watch video, click free sample, submit. You can hit the back button and enter a differant email if you have more than one. This can get you another sample.
Free Womens Calender
Splenda with fiber sample
Super easy form to fill out
Airborne Health Special Offers - Original Zesty Orange
Super easy form. One sample per email. This one ALWAYS comes. I only use this when im sick. Dont use any medications, just this and it always works. Reccomended!
Free Calendar and DVD Amazine Grace
Register here with Walden Media
and you'll get a free calendar and a copy of the DVD, Amazing Grace.
Free sample of Bodi-Heat
Free Dryers Fruit Bar tonsillectomy care kit
Download a form and send it in for a coupon to get a free Dryers Bar
Register here and receive a certificate for a free trial pair of Acuvue contacts.
Sign up for Fisher Price's email newsletter and be entered to win one of 10 $500 prizes. Detailshere.
Get a 1 Year FREE Subscription to Newswatch Magazine
Please Note: there is no need to complete your billing details. Complete your details to receive a FREE 1 year subscription to Newswatch magazine! Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for deliveryClick here for Newswatch Magazine
FREE 30 Count Sample Bottle of Cosamin DS Double Strength
Click the 'Get a Sample' button located at the bottom middle of the page in the gray box (may have to allow for pop ups). Complete your details to receive a FREE 30 count of Cosamin DS Double Strength.You dont need a costco card to get this.These ALWAYS come in the mail.
Click here for Cosamin DS Double Strength
FREE Fisher Price 'Perfect Gift Guide' and $500 Contest Entry
Sign up for Fisher-Price’s FREE e-mail newsletter and get the link to the “Perfect Gift Guide” – it’s full of toys that are just perfect for all the children or grandchildren on your list. And, you’ll automatically be entered for your chance to win a check for $500 to keep your holiday season merry! Click here for Fisher Price
Carmex Lip Balm: Free Sample
Just recieved a cute new push up carmex and a original squeeze tube strawberry one in the mail yesterday. Plus came with a coupon to get another one for free!
Cosmopolitan: 5 Free Issues
Daniel O'Donnell - Snowflake free MP3 download from WalMart
Clinque has a "free pack" with every order.
12/10 ONLY With any Clinique.com purchase, get 2 FREE Treats!:• Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion• Turnaround Concentrate Visible Skin RenewerJust enter offer code DUO at checkout. Plus right now is FREE SHIPPING with any order. No MIN purchase! Go to www.clinique.com and look at "last chance" or "gift idea's" and find some deals. Plus spend $50 and get a free TOTE! Super good deal if you use Clinique.
Get a Neutrogena(R) or Dove(R) Facial Cleansing Cloth Sample. Click Here
Amazon is offering one free holiday song download for each day in December.
Told you freebies would pick up. Yahoo!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
LACTAID® Dietary Supplements work naturally to break down milk sugar, so you can enjoy the dairy foods you love. Fill out the short form for your free sample of the Fast Act Dietary Supplement.I save these in my first aid kit for when were camping or staying somewhere overnight. You never know when your gonna need it.
Click here for Lactaid Dietary Fast Act Supplements
Benefiber Sticks from Walmart - FREE Sample
Benefiber Stick Packs are easy to store — in pockets, purses, travel bags, glove compartments — but they’re pre-measured so you know exactly how much fiber you’re getting. You don’t need to worry about carrying spoons or measuring cups, simply grab and go. These are put away for later use.
Click here for Benefiber Sticks
Ocean Spray Christmas iTunes download here
Get your free holiday MP3 for today here from Amazon.
Not a huge amount today, sorry.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Curél® skincare's full line of hand and body moisturizers delivers freedom from itchy, dry skin. Register with Curel and receive an email (allow up to 48 hours to receive) for a FREE sample of Curel skincare moisturizer! Complete your details on the form provided and submit.
Click here for Curel
Request a FREE Dunkin Donuts New Dark Coffee Sample
New Dunkin' Dark is their darkest, boldest coffee yet. Made with 100 percent Arabica beans, this rich, smooth coffee is carefully roasted for those who prefer a darker coffee. Click on 'Taste for Free' to the right of page and then complete your details on the following page for a FREE sample of Dunkin Donuts New Dark Coffee.
Click here for Dunkin Donuts Dark Coffee
Sign Up for FREE Sample of Pantene Pro-V
Results show that the leading salon brands can’t beat smoothness of Pantene’s Smooth shampoo and conditioner for smooth healthy hair. Get that salon beautiful hair straight from a bottle with Pantene Pro-V! Complete your details for a FREE sample of Pantene Pro-V!
Click here for Pantene Pro-V
Register to Receive a FREE Fruit Roll Up Sample
Betty Crocker offers a wide range of fruit-flavored snack choices that are favorites with kids. A flavorful source of vitamin C. Complete your details on the form provided to register for the Box Tops for Education email newsletter and receive a FREE custom designed Fruit Roll Up sample!Click here for Fruit Roll Up
FREE Sample of Kotex Pads, Tampons, and Pantyliner from Walmart
Kotex has been a long time supplier of feminine care products. Kotex puts great thought into each product to assure it fits the needs of today's women. From ultra thin pads to the ultimate in liners, to tampons that are comfy — you are going to love what is new and improved about your favorite Kotex products. Click on "get your sample" for a FREE sample of Kotex.
Click here for Kotex
Christmas is Just Around the Corner - a free iTunes song download from Ocean Spray Cranberries. Thanks freebies4moms!
Free MP3 download from Schick here - use code: SCHICKROCKS08 - enter the code in the top right of the page when it loads. Thanks Deal icious Mom!
Free water bottle from Flomax here
Get your free holiday MP3 for today here from Amazon.
Free K’NEX Sample here - use code KNSF08
My husband's work had a Christmas Party so we all dressed up and went to it. Balloon man, Magician, face painter and play casino were just a few things that were there. A raffle was done later, which we won 2 $20 Starbucks cards. I was thrilled!! I will save these for later use when money is tight.
These can be used to get regular coffee (less expensive). You will get around 10 drinks instead of the usualy 4. Coffee can get expensive. If you go inside to get your coffee, they have a few shakers with vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon powders. Makes your plain coffee taste like a fancy one. While im in there, I can get a bag of coffee grounds to throw in my garden. These are free as well. Maybe if im really up to it, I will walk up there and use no gas.
But anyways, we ate till our stomach's couldnt stuff anymore food in them. Full buffet with treats after. My childrens eyes were huge when they saw all that food. lol.
Plus we had to leave a little early due to us living an hour away. One good thing was that the girls were able to see lots of christmas lights on house's. They just love driving around to see the lights. One budget friendly thing we do every christmas is looking at the christmas lights. I have a large van so my friend and us usually do this. I make cocoa for all of us in kid friendly mugs (99 cents box of 9 Walmart or make your own for free) and we drive around super slow looking at all the lights around our town. Since gas prices are at a all time low, it really didnt cost us but pennies to do this. My kids just love this!
But im back now and hunting for the deals for you again!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Working Mother magazine covers work and life issues important to career-committed mothers. Working Mother supports and empowers today's working moms in their pursuit of sucess - however they define it. We celebrate the complexity, humor and richness inherent in being a real working mom. And we salute the joys of getting it right (most of the time) in the greatest balancing act of all. Complete a short survey on your favorite handbag and receive a FREE subscription to Working Mother magazine.Click here for Working Mother Magazine
Very slow day, this was the only thing I could find. Weekends are always slow......bummer
Friday, December 5, 2008
Reunions Magazine is the only publication for all reunion planners: family, class, military and others. Click the red box in the middle right of the page. You'll then be redirected to complete your details and receive a FREE issue of Reunions magazine.Click here for Reunions Magazine
Saltwater Sportman Magazine - FREE Issue
Saltwater Sporstman is aimed towards the fishermen that want to improve their skills. Saltwater Sportsman is the world's leading publication on salt-water sport fishing. Enjoy a 1 free Saltwater Sportsman issue. No strings attached. You'll never receive a bill.Click here for Saltwater Sportman
Free Custom Stamp
PhotoStamp is offering one free custom stamp to the boys and girls in the U.S. to help them make their letter to Santa stand out this year. Parents and their children can simply visit www.photostamps.com/santa, upload their photos or design, and place the order. The Santa PhotoStamp will arrive in one week or less – just in time for the letter to be mailed to the North Pole.
Colgate Total Huggies GoodNites (Walmart)
o.b. mighty small great for your purse
Emergen-C comes with a great coupon
Arby's Medium Mint Chocolate Shake super duper yummy!(sign-up for Arby's Extras)
Costco Cookbook Series (all 7 issues online to browse & print)
Dec. 6 Make an Art Easel at Home Depot go to http://www.homedepot.com/ for details
9 - NoonDec. 6 & 7 Santa Photos at Walmart 10am-2pm go to http://www.walmart.com/ for more info
Dec. 13 Make a Gingerbread House (out of wood) at Lowe's 10 - 11am go to http://www.lowes.com/ for more information
Every Saturday Free Art Class 11am-3pm in every store
Dec 6-Puppet Penguin Pal
Dec 13-winter Ornaments
Dec 20-Reindeer Holiday Holder
Dec 27-New Years Noise Maker
Jan 3-Spartly The Snowman
Jan 17-Friendship Flowers
Jan 24-Chinese Lanterns
Jan 31-My zoo
Visit http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/ and click on "store information" for more details
Flygirl Book Giveaway
Freebie4moms is giving this book away. Name, and email address to enter. Enter by Dec.11 mid
Click here to sign up for a printable coupon good for one free package of Chiquita Bites. You can print two coupons. (Thanks Deal icious Deals!)
Free subscription to Boating magazine here
5 Free Christmas Music Downloads From Bicardi here.
Enter your Bday and then click on "free holiday mp3s" in the middle of the page.
Get a coupon for a FREE Star Fine Foods product when you sign up for their newsletter
Star Fine Foods sells olive oil, vinegar, olives, capers, anchovies, cherries, peppers, vegetables, and cocktail onions
Print out this coupon for $1 off any one pack of alkaline Rayovac batteries and take it Target. You'll find Rayovac batteries in the Dollar Spot at Target for $1 a pack.
news for you Redbox Code Lovers!
Just in time for Christmas, Redbox is teaming up with Walmart's Elevenmoms and is giving free movie rentals at Walmart Redbox locations.
Every Sunday you'll be able to score another FREE movie rental using one of the exclusive Elevenmom's codes below!
Week 1 (Sunday 12/7) - 11moms4uS (good for this day only)
Week 2 (Sunday 12/14) - 11moms4uA (good for that day only)
Week 3 (Sunday 12/21) - 11moms4uN (good for that day only)
Week 4 (Sunday 12/28) - 11moms4uT (good for that day only)
Week 5 (Sunday 1/4/09) - 11moms4uA (good for that day only)
Applebee’s: Buy a $25 gift card, get a $5 gift card free
California Pizza Kitchen: Buy a $100 gift card, get a $20 CPK Rewards Card free
Denny’s: Buy a $25 gift card, get a $5 gift card free
IHOP: Buy a $25 gift card, get a $5 off $5 coupon free
Max & Erma’s: Buy a $50 gift card, get a $10 gift card free
Outback Steakhouse: Buy a $100 gift card, get a $20 bonus card free
Papa John’s: Buy a $25 gift card, get a free medium pizza
Red Robin: Buy a $25 gift card, get a $5 gift card free
Steak ‘n Shake: Buy a $20 gift card, get a $5 off $5 coupon free
Texas Roadhouse: Buy a $25 gift card, get a $5 off $5 coupon free
T.G.I. Friday’s: Buy a $25 gift card, get a $5 Bonus Bites gift card free
Thursday, December 4, 2008
One Purple Frog has built a fine reputation for offering quality products and superior service by being the online dealer with the most current and complete selection of Comfort Research's line of Fuf Chairs (foam-filled bean bag chairs), Fuf Children's Furniture, and Fuf Floor Pillows. Email One Purple Frog at firstname.lastname@example.org to request up to 4 FREE fabric samples.Click here for One Purple Frog
My daughters use these fabric samples for rugs, blankets, etc for their barbies. They are usually cut with crinkle cut scissors so they dont fray.
Free TiVo logo cookie cutter here
Find out how to get a free Chevron gas card here
Get your free holiday MP3 for today here from Amazon.
True Lemon®, True Lime®, True Orange® Free Samples - water flavoring, seasoning, cooking and baking.
They have lemon, lime and orange flavors. This is a favorite of mine. Just add to any bottle of water and it add's flavor without the sugar. Super yummy! Plus you can use them in your cooking. Endless possibilities.
Pizza Making Kit
Frugal Mom of 2 girls is having a giveaway you can enter to win a Sassafras Pizza Making Kit. Go to http://frugalmommyof2girls.blogspot.com/2008/12/sassafras-enterprises-giveaway.html and enter to win.
Frugal Rhode Island Mama is having a gift card give away. You can enter to win one of many cards. Go tohttp://frugalrimama.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-gift-card-giveaway.html
$150 worth of Target Toys
Mommin' it up is giving this great prize pack away.
Build A Bear Wii Game
Enter win tin with Nerd Family Things and you could win this game.
http://nerdfamilythings.blogspot.com/2008/11/wii-game-giveaway.html enter to win here
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=rwestpr post which one is your favorite to enter to win.
Tortoiseshell Rings necklace
Would make a great gift. Just enter to win at Embelished Ink & Paper. She has wonderful cards she sells for pretty cheap.
$100 Walmart gift card
Keeping the kingdom first is giving this away to use for someone in need. Just fill out a comment on how you will use it and you could win it.
The Little Environmentalists ~ Giveaway"
Frugal Mommy of 2 girls is giving away this amazine book. Just comment about the book or company and enter to win.
$500 Walmart Gift Card
MotherLoad is giving this one away. Enter up to 3 times! Just enter a holiday money saving tip, blog about this, or subscribe to her blog.
These are just a few places you could win something. When checking out their blog, check out their favorite blog list. This is how ive found many amazing blogs that I read everyday.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Get your free holiday MP3 for today here
Go here to request your free Schick Quattro Titanium Trimmer
Send a FREE Disney Snowglobe
Disney's PhotoPass - Add some Disney magic to your memories
At the bottom right corner click on send a FREE Photo Globe Holiday Greeting!" Create an account for free.
Get A FREE Subscription to Nylon Magazine From Urban Outfitters!
Fill in your details to request your FREE 1 year subscription to Nylon magazine curtoesy of Urban Outfitters and Nylon! After filling in your details you will get a confirmation nuber at the bottom of the yellow box. Nylon (ISSN 1524-1750) is an American magazine which focuses on pop culture and fashion. Its coverage includes art, beauty, music, design, celebrities, technology and travel.
Click here for Nylon Magazine from Urban Outfitters
Receive a FREE Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara Sample
Note: You must login or register to receive sample. L'Oréal Paris brings the latest in mascara technology to the mass market with new Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara, a two-step mascara that utilizes breakthrough tubing technology for dramatically longer lashes. Click on 'get a free sample' and answer a few question for your FREE sample of Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara
.Click here for L'Oreal Mascara
There is an option to sign up 10 emails to other people in return you get a full size sample of something but they are out.
Burger King - free kids meal
Chuck E. Cheese's - free tokens (12 & younger)
Denny’s – free meal (10 & younger)
Geoffrey’s Birthday Club – free toy with $3 or $5 coupon (ages 2 to 10)
IKEA Kids Club – free stuff (in-store sign-up)
Michael’s The Knack Kids Club - coupons all year long (12 & younger)
Sonic Wacky Pack Birthday Club – free meal (13 & younger)
Target Birthday Club - sign-up to get some treats
The Old Spaghetti Factory Kids Club- free meal (12 & younger)
Applebee's - free dessert (no sign-up)
Arby's Extras - free food w/purchase
Fuddruckers - free shake w/purchase
Macaroni Grill- free dessert w/purchase
Outback Steakhouse - free dessert on your birthday, no sign-up
Papa Murphy's - free food
Quizno's - free cookie
Red Robin – free burger
Rita's - birthday discounts
Ruby Tuesday - free dessert
Sweet Tomatoes - free meal
Desserts and sweets
Baskin Robbins Birthday Club – free ice cream
Cold Stone Creamery Birthday Club – free ice cream
Dairy Queen- free Blizzard when you buy one
Dunkin Donuts - free ice cream
Krispy Kreme- free dozen when you buy one
Ace Rewards – $5 off $20 coupon
Children's Place - coupon for 20% discount
Disneyland - free admission on your birthday
Registered with http://www.inboxdollars.com/ ? If not, I reccomend registering with them. I just was sent a email for the Entertainment Book for only $14.99 with free shipping. Usually is $25 plus $5 shipping. Plus if you do it through this email that inbox sent, you get $8.00 on your inbox dollars account.This book pays for itself with only 1 coupon. When I went to checkout and pay, there was another option for another $5 off if you renew the next year. I renew it everyyear so I clicked it and only paid $10 for my book plus free shipping. And if you think about it, im getting $8 from inbox dollars so im actually only paying $2. What a deal!
This book allows my husband and I do have dinner out, family nights out, etc. I just love this book!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Kodak has an amazing deal going on right now. Thanks to MoneySavingMethods for this tip!
Register with www.kodakgallery.com and you will get 75 free prints in your credits. Go choose a holiday set (not single ones) that you like and pick a picture. Do all the details and when finished click finish. Order 3 sets. Quanity should show 3, make sure you update that number or it will only order 1 set. When you get to the page for codes to be entered, enter these.
Enter Code tryus3
Enter Code 20freecards
You will only pay shipping and handling which is usually only a little over $3. I paid $3.48 ftotal or my whole order of 3 sets of cards and shipping. Im getting 30 cards for a little over $3. Crazy huh? There are tons of choices of cards. Hurry before it expires. You have 1 month only.
If you need more than 30 cards, you can do this once per email address you have. Would be great for co workers or what not. I used my dogs picture on it since I couldnt get my 4 children to wear pretty clothes and actually sit down to take the picture.
Free sample of Glad ForceFlex trash bags
Free sample of GoodNights underpants
Go here to request your free copy of The Sun-Maid Way to Five a Day: Recipes for Healthier Eating. You can also request a free copy of The Sun-Maid Fruit and Sunshine recipe booklet here. I have all these and LOVE them. Thanks moneysaving mom!
Choose Up to 2 Gaspari Nutrition Products to Receive for FREE
To request FREE samples of Gaspari Nutrition products, please complete and submit the form provided. You may request samples of up to two products at a time. Please do not request more than one sample of each product.
Click here for Gaspari Nutrition Products
Send an Email to Receive a FREE 1oz. Sample of Rosacea Relief
Rosacea Relief is a natural treatment for Rosacea that contains ingredients to restore the breakdown of skin tissue, for healing infections, blemishes, papules and pustules while soothing the pain and itch. For a FREE 1 oz sample of Rosacea Relief, please send your name and mailing address to email@example.com One sample per customer please
Click here for Rosacea Relief\
Get a FREE Sample of Tampax Pearl with Leakguard from Walmart
Only Tampax Pearl has the LeakGuard braid and core protection built in, for more leak-free periods than the next leading brand. And now, you can sample Tampax Pearl with LeakGuard! When your period goes smoother, your life goes smoother, so try the Pearl now. Click the spinning circle to request your FREE sample!
Click here for Tampax Pearl with Leakguard
Walmart has the best samples ever. They always come in the mail.
Free spy optics sticker here
Free Pasta Cookbook! 8 Easy Recipes for Everyone. Click Here
Send a child a Letter From Santa Click Here