Sunday, October 11, 2009

Goodies for Giving *Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix*

I know its early but we need to start planning Christmas gifts. Christmas is only a few shorts weeks away. I know crazy huh? I am glad to announce to everyone my Goodies for Giving series. Starting today there will no longer be any Homemade Goodness recipe's. Just great recipe's for you or to give as a gift. Each recipe will have suggestions and great tips for wrapping the gift.
I'm super excited to share my many recipes that have saved me a ton each Christmas. Each year I try to have a theme. One year it was homemade candles, then spa items, and one year I even did a baking theme. Baking theme was my favorite. I found vintage aprons all year and saved them to put in baskets with my favorite pancake mix, wooden spoon, and vintage Tupperware. It was a hit! Try to make one thing for several people. This will save you the hassle of figuring out what to get each person, plus save you money in the long run.
So here we go and I hope you all get inspiration from all of them.

Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar packed
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks or chips
1 cup chopped pecans or nut of choice

Bland together flour, baking soda and salt. Spoon into bottom of wide mouth 1 qt jar, pressing down well. Layer on the remaining ingredients in the order given, packing down tightly between each later.

Tag should read:
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Cream together butter, egg, water and vanilla. Add cookie mix from jar and blend well. Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Note: You can use any type of container you want but try to make it a clear one. This way people can see the beautiful layers of ingredients.

No comments: