1. Stop buying these things: Saran Wrap, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags, paper towels, dryer sheets, or any other convenient product. I can hear you all shrieking.....lol. How do I get around this? Easy! Read here how to get around all this http://hannaqueen.blogspot.com/2009/08/stop.html
2. Start my Food Savings plan . I guarantee you will save money if you stick to this list. http://hannaqueen.blogspot.com/2009/09/slash-your-grocery-bill-in-half.html
Be open to everything you read. Some things sound extreme but once you do them, you will wonder why you did not do them before.
3. Save on your energy bill. Check my handy list of ways to save money http://hannaqueen.blogspot.com/2009/09/energy-saving-tips-plus-more.html
You will thank me later when you get your energy bill in the mail.
4. Cut the cable. Its simply has to go. This alone will save you at least $50 a month. Hey, I will let you in on a little secret. Now days regular TV has more than channel 2, 6, 8, 10 and 12. You get channel 2, 2 this (movies), 6, 8, 10-1, 10-2, 10-3, 12, 16-2 bohemia, 16-3 local, 22-1 ion, 22-2 qubo (kids 24/7 cartoon channel, 22-3 ion life, 32-1 , 32-2 sports, and 49-1. See you have lots of channels to watch. And its all FREE!
5. NO FAST FOOD or eating out. This alone will save you a bundle. You might think your getting a great deal on the dollar menu but think about how that food was prepared and whats going into your bodies. You will pay for it dearly later! Instead pack healthy snacks and a bottle of water for your kids anytime you leave the house. This way your not tempted to stop and get something to eat.
6. NO COFFEE! Just kidding, just no stopping and getting coffee from the drive through. Don't have a coffee maker? Goodwill always has them on hand for around $5. Buy inexpensive coffee grounds and make your own. Just add milk and sugar instead of fancy creamers. Want mocha? Add some baking cocoa. Want a vanilla latte? Add some vanilla. Get creative. You pick: Coffee from the drive through and pay $3-$5 or make your own at home and cost about 5 cents?
7. Check out my household money saving tips http://hannaqueen.blogspot.com/2009/09/household-money-saving-tips.html
This could save you some green too!
8. Try doing it the natural way. Anytime you or a family member gets sick, try to get better the natural way. This will save you some money on co payments and insurance bills. Try http://www.earthclinic.com/. Click on ailments and find what your ailment is. There are lots of great ways to get better the natural way. People rate how effective each option is. You can try anything you want. Most are things you have in your pantry so try them out. Apple Cider Vinegar is a favorite so you might want to pick up a bottle of it. We use it daily for so many things. Read up on it here http://hannaqueen.blogspot.com/2009/08/acv-your-new-best-friend.html
Ways to make money
First set up a dummy email you use just for these things. Do not clutter up your personal email. Try maybe hotmail, aol, or gmail.
1. Mypoints http://www.mypoints.com/emp/u/index.vm
Sign up for free! This is the best way to earn points for gift cards. How? Easy! Sign up, and do their little survey so they know what kinds of emails to send you. I signed up for everything this way I get more emails. Each email is worth 5 points. You can get a $10 gift card for as low as 1,400 points. They will send you survey emails too. These are great because you can earn up to 50 points if you qualify for it or 10 points just for trying. You can sign up with my points once per email (hint hint). They have over 80 companies on board so you can choose from any one you want. I usually choose Target so I can use it to get groceries or gifts. I myself have already earned over $100 worth of gift cards and Ive only been signed up for a year or so now. Once you earn enough points simply choose the reward you want and they send it for free. Takes about 2 weeks to get it so remember this when your planning.
2. Inbox Dollars http://www.inboxdollars.com/. Same idea as above but you get paid per email you receive. Sign up for free, get lots of emails. Once you check your email, just click on the box below to get credit. Once you get $30 you can cash out. What they do not tell you is that there is a processing fee of $3 so you only get $27. But hey, its free money so I'm not complaining! Takes about a month to get your check. I have received a check already and almost ready to cash out on my next one.
3. Sendearnings http://www.sendearnings.com/ I believe Inbox dollars and Send Earnings are the same company but have yet to prove it. Just weird how each of these companies send the same identical emails....??? Oh well. Just like I stated above, you get emails send and you can cash out when you get to $30.
4. Tell everyone you know that you are looking to make some money and will do just about anything to get it. Maybe babysit? Maybe clean their house? Just let them know your saving up for Christmas or trying to make some extra cash and someone usually needs help doing something. Be open to anything that comes your way.
5. Opportunities that come your way. Last week I received a letter stating that a representative from Michigan State was looking for families to participate in a survey. If I was qualified I could get $40 in cash. Well the lady came to my door and asked me a few questions and I qualified! She came yesterday and we did the simple survey and I was handed $40 cash. Yahoo! So be open to ways to make money. This is a random one in a lifetime thing for me but hey, I made money. Just be careful to check ID and make sure its legit.
6. Can deposits-Remember walking and looking for cans so you could take them in and get money? Yep, its still a option. You would be amazed how many careless people throw cans out the window or in the garbage. My husband will not take in cans or bottles. But I do! So I sneak them out of the recycling bin and take them in. These things do add up. Have friends and family who wont either? Ask them if you can have them. Ive even seen people drive around inspecting peoples recycling bin looking for them. Maybe take a walk and look for them with the kids.
7. Garage Sale. This is always an option for you. Do not have a driveway? Maybe a friend has one so go in with her. This makes it easier for the both of you. You help her, she lets you use her drive way. Maybe take some clothes into a consignment shop? Some places will give you money for your clothes. Start making phone calls to local consignment shops.
Have I not given you enough information to save money? Have a friend or family member in need? Pass on this blog to everyone you know.