Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stretch marks can suck it!

When I thought of pregnancy the first thing that came to mind was this. I had no idea my body would stretch beyond its limits.  For some reason I thought my body was just made to do this so it would stretch and go back to normal.  My first pregnancy I didn't gain much weight except for in my belly.  This was years before I was living a green lifestyle.  I was 20 and I didn't think of my body and the affects pregnancy would have on it.  I wasn't thinking of products or their ingredients.  All I knew was that my stomach was itchy from the stretching and I needed something to make it stop. 
My second pregnancy was a different story.  I still didn't know or understand products and their ingredients.  This time I craved Pepsi and Dairy Queen.  A cheeseburger, fries and a Pepsi to be exact.  Memories of getting my favorite meal and waiting till I got home to enjoy and devour each bite when I got home and all that going down the tube when I dropped my Pepsi and cried for a half an hour on the porch.  Lovely memories like that. Well as you can imagine I gained a bit more weight with my second pregnancy.  Even better was the fact that the baby weight spread to my legs, neck and fingers. 
Then in 2003 I found out I was pregnant with twins.  All I remember was leaving the doctors office and my husband was quiet all the way home.  We pulled into the driveway and got out of the car still in silence.  My neighbor came outside and asked how the doctors visit was and if we knew what we were having.  One word came out of my husband.  Twins. It wasn't that we were upset...more shock than anything.  I convinced my husband to have another baby insuring him that we would definitely having a boy.  Two girls already so it was a definite thing.  100% sure. But no.  Instead we were having twins.  Doubling our children in one pregnancy.  Later we would find out we were having twin girls. Yeah. No more kids for us. We learned our lesson. 

Now to get an idea of who I am just imagine this.  I'm 5'5 and small framed.  Ever since Ive stopped actually growing I have weighted about 105 pounds.  Ive had the body of a boy.  No boobs not butt no nothing.  Always waiting for puberty to kick in.  Just ask my classmates. Only when I was pregnant did I ever gain any weight.  So you can imagine what my little body did when I was pregnant.  My single pregnancies made me look like I ate a basketball.  Then with the twins I looked like I was smuggling a beach ball in my shirt.  All the weight went into my belly and you would never have known I was pregnant looking at me from behind.  Now just imagine what that does to a persons skin. 

Okay.....here it is.


Yep, that's me.  No its not a boy. Want to know my secret to no stretch marks? Vitamin E and olive oil.  That's it.  Ive given birth (close your eyes men....all natural no C sections and breastfed each one of my children) to four children.  Two of which were born on the same day.  Now I'm not in as good as shape as before kids.  Looks flat huh? Yeah not so much.  I'm just skinny and I run a lot.  Makes you want to run with my in my next half marathon huh? I don't use any toxic products.  I try to make everything I can from nature.  I am as green as I can get.  I eat pretty healthy but I have my moments.  I'm not perfect in any way.  I'm just fumbling my way through life just like everyone of you.  I just hit the jackpot when it came to this.

You hear that stretch marks? GO SUCK IT!

Directions: Each day I slathered myself with either vitamin E or olive oil.  Pretty easy huh?

Now that I have exposed myself to you how about exposing yourself to others.
 What did you use when you were pregnant?
Do you have a secret recipe?
Did you get stretch marks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get stretch marks either. Some marks on my hips I got in puberty turned a little purple again but that was all. They are normal again. I know some people say that nothing actually works to keep stretch marks from forming and for some that may be true. I used Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. Did it "do the trick" or am I just genetically predisposed to not get them? I don't know but I wouldn't have not used it.