Saturday, May 1, 2010

A peek into my room...You know you want to look! Part 2

Now onto our furniture. This beautiful dresser was bought new several years ago. We found it on clearance and paid maybe $150 for it which is a really good buy. I think we used our tax money for it. Our big purchase for the year! The frames were gifts from friends and family for our wedding gifts. When we did our wedding registry at Target, we asked for things we really could use. You know when you go buy a gift for a friend/family member and they ask for all these crazy things like espresso machines, ice cream makers, etc. Instead we thought about what we could use and what would come in handy years from now. My favorite is the flip picture thing on the left. This way I can change the picture showing anytime I want. One picture frame has us when we were dating. Remember those photo booths? Oh how I loved those things. Black and white small photo's of us kissing and being foolish young lovers. lol.
This massive mirror was a gift from my sister. She found this for $7 at Goodwill. Can you believe it?  This is as is the way it was given to me. LOVE IT! And its not any cheap mirror. This is a crazy thick heavy wooded frame and was made to last. It took us a bit of time to figure out what we were going to do with it and my husband came up with this idea. Perfect! Its way to heavy to hang on the wall and made me too nervous.  $7 is a great deal for this beauty. Thanks Deb!

Whats next? More furniture of course! Stay tuned....

No comments: