Thursday, August 5, 2010

Green Review Giovanni Hydrate Lotion

Giovanni Cosmetics has some expensive products and Ive been wanting to try them for a long time but it was never in my budget. One cool thing about Whole Foods is that they always have samples to keep my kids busy and samples for adults to try as well. I was excited to find a sample of Giovanni Cucumber Song Body Wash just sitting there waiting for me to take home. Yippee! Although I am not a body wash type of person I had to try it out. So I picked it up and took it home. Hey guess what? Yep its soap. I had rid my home of all toxic products including lotions, perfumes, etc. The only lotion I use (and love) is Whole Foods 365 every day value unscented lotion. It has no smell but feels so good on my skin. I've been on the hunt for one good lotion that can make me feel good and smell good. I stopped back in at my nearest Whole Foods and looked for some Giovanni lotion but found only body butter which is too thick for me. So I asked the "whole body" area worker if they sold the lotion or knew who did. The nice lady took my information and said she would try to find it. Guess what? Within 1 week I get a phone call saying we have your lotion come and get it. Yipeee! With lotion in hand I came home, pulled the trusty laptop out and did some research.

This company was started by Arthur Giovanni who at the time was a hair dresser. Moved his way up to a lead hair stylist and onto a Beverly Hills Salon owner.  Giovanni Cosmetics uses formulas that incorporate vitamins, herbs, minerals, proteins, nutrients and the purest of essential oils. The patented Giovanni PureOrganic Technology™ represents an exquisite blend of exotic organic oils, ripe-harvested from renewable plants at the peak of their freshness. The oils are cold pressed and refrigerated immediately to ensure maximum purity. The result is a change for anyone who chooses to indulge in it.

Certified by Quality Assurance International
No animal testing
Ingredients 100% vegetarian
Organic
Top notch products from Four Elements hair care, Four Dreams Body Care, Detox System Purifying Body Care, ColorFlage hair care, and Magnetic Hair Care. They have you covered no matter what your looking for.


My Green Review
I am so in love with this lotion. I was a little thrown by the $9 price tag but wanted to splurge on something for myself. The bottle is a bit small (8.5 fl oz) but a little really does go a long way. I use it about once a day to hydrate my hands and elbows but could easily mix a dab of it with my 365 every day value lotion and it could go a long way. I cannot tell which number this plastic bottle is but i'm sure I could recycle it.  I could find some "okay" lotion in the bulk section and use my own container but I really didn't find anything to my likings. I think I will stick with this one. I am impressed by its ability to hydrate my hands with no greasy left overs on my hands. Like I said, a little goes a long way so i'm sure it will last a long time. It's going to have to considering its $9 per bottle. Yikes! But I'm worth it right?

Don't forget the moral of this story. If you don't see what you want, ask for it. I would of never been able to buy this if I had not asked about their lotions and how I could find them. This is one reason why I shop at Whole Foods. They have everything I need and will get it for me with no hassles. Love them!

I am in no way paid for this review. I am reviewing this product on my own time and have not contacted this company what so ever.

Maybe you wanna try it?


Lavender type?
Or maybe Raspberry?

No comments: