Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March Food Budget $44.64

Theresa hooked me up with some yummy produce today.  I have no idea what those tiny brown things are. Anyone know? 


WHOLE FOODS
I'm going on memory because I some how lost my receipt. Urg!

$1.99 Pretzels
$1.49 Half n Half Sunshine Dairy
$3.99 Organic Gallon of milk
$3.99 Cheese
$2.99 Organic Grapes (sale $1.99 per lb)
$3.00 Organic Lettuce 2 heads ($1.49 each)

Total-$17.45


GROCERY OUTLET

$5.96 Organic Hash browns (4 packs)
$1.99 Green Olives
$2.99 Cheese
$1.29 Saltine Crackers
$5.96 Organic Granola Cereal (kids begged me! Super cheap $1.49 each)
TOTAL-$18.19


FRANZ BREAD STORE

$9.00 Everything Bagels (6 packs)
FREE Cracked Wheat Sourdough (one free item when you spend $8)
TOTAL-$9.00

GRAND TOTAL-$44.64





3 comments:

Amanda Becker said...

Looks like small Yucca root or ginger? mmm I will have to check our market to see if the register has a pic with a name to ring those kinda things up (I work PT at a grocery store:))

Surviving and thriving on pennies said...

nope, not a yucca root or a ginger. I'll keep looking.

Unknown said...

ummmm... i know this is two years old, but to answer the question- i'm pretty sure those are sunchokes. good roasted or parboiled and then fried.