Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Little things I love

My best friend and I took a little trip to a neighboring town to check out their selection of glass ware. I was shocked how much they had in this store. It was a much better selection and this store doesn't use nasty tape to wrap their sets with. I was happy because I did not have to go home and take 30 minutes to remove the tape with toxic cleaners (the only thing to get it off). These three styles made my day.
First of all I will describe the top left item. I found this set of 6 bowls for only $7.99. A bit more than I wanted to spend but they are old and you rarely find sets that old. Natural in color with brown along the scalloped edge.
Next is the top right corner. These are medium size plates perfect for having a sandwich or small lunch. I found a set of 4 for only $2.99. Again a natural color with brown glaze on the edge. Just love the color.
And last but not least the bottom bowl. I only found 2 of these but couldn't pass them up. Natural in color with a band of golden yellow, orange and brown. I think I paid 99 cents each for them. So worth it!
I just love quilts. I love that someone took little nothing scraps and made something wonderful. Reminds me of the song "Coat of many colors" by Dolly Parton. My mother used to play this song and it really stuck in me. Really brings a tear to my eye when I listen to it. This quilt in the picture was made as a throw or possibly for a toddler bed. I use it as a throw in my living room. I keep 2 of these folded up on a shelf and they look so pretty over there just waiting for someone to use them. I found this at a Goodwill Outlet which sells by the pound. This quilt weighs a little over 1 lb so I might have paid about $1.50 for it. It is hand stitched and made from all sorts of beautiful fabric squares. This is one of my favorites in my home. Just love it!







No comments: