Pooch Dog Biscuits (not for humans unless you like them. lol)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup of rye flour
2 cups of bulgur (cracked wheat)
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup instant non fat milk
4 tsp salt
1 envelope active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
3 cups chicken broth
1 egg slightly beaten with 1 tsp milk
1. Turn oven on to 300 degree's. Mix first seven ingredients with a wooden spoon in a large bowl.
2. Dissolve yeast thoroughly in warm water in a glass measuring cup. Add to dry ingredients.
3. Add chicken broth to flour mixture. Stir until dough forms.
4. Roll out dough until its 1/4 inch thick. Cut out bones with cookie cutters (can find dog bone shapes at Kitchen Kaboodle). Place on greased cookie sheet.
5. Brush dough with egg glaze.
6. Bake bones for 45 minutes. Turn oven off. Biscuits should remain overnight to harden. Makes 30 larger bones and are about 40% cheaper than store bought and much healthier.