Monday, April 13, 2009

One question away from going green

Everyone wants to do their part  to reduce, reuse and recycle but how can you do it so it works for you? Well its pretty simple really. Just ask yourself one question. Do I really need this? To find out which items can be donated (to be reused), and which items you can skip at the store (reduce), here is a little check list.

Before you buy

Do I really love it?
Do I already own anything that performs the same function?
Does this item save me time or space, or otherwise make my life easier?
Where will I store this?
Is this the best possible price and quality I can get?
Do I need to do more research before I buy it?

Before you return it to the closset

Does this item serve a clear purpose in my life?
Do I have another item anywhere in my home that does the same thing?
Have I used this in the last year?
Is it broken, and if so, will I actually get it fixed?
Does it make me happy to look at or use?

Ask yourself these simple questions and I guarentee that you will cut back on unessisary purchases. 

No comments: